Chapter 02 - A New Room

The walk to Halt's room was not far, in fact, it was just the room next to Rush's. Rush knocked on Halt's door.

"Who's there?" Halt asked from inside the room.

"Rush and Ambush!" Ambush called out.

"Come in!" Halt replied. Rush turned the doorknob and opened the door. "Hi!" Halt greeted.

"Hey!" Rush greeted back. "It's nice of you to move your room over here," he continued.

"Well, after going back to my old room, I figured that this one is better. I mean, the window's bigger now, and I'm closer to you... You get the point," Halt said.

"Yeah... We get it.." Ambush replied.

"Well, what do you wanna do now?" Halt asked, taking a book from his bookshelf.

"Well, I showed this to Rush already, so, why not show it to you too?" Ambush said, holding up the big lock.

"Woah... That's one huge lock! Where'd you find it?" Halt asked, intrigued.

"Well... I found it in some box..." Ambush replied.

"Box? Where?" Rush asked.

"Uh... I don't know... I forgot, sorry..." Ambush said hesitantly.

"Well how convenient!" Halt said sarcastically.

"It's not my fault!" Ambush said defensively.

"Well, it kinda is..." Rush muttered. Ambush sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, what do you want to do now?" Halt asked the question once again.

"I guess I'll head to the library, this hotel's boring!" Rush said.

"Well, we're stuck here," Halt replied.

"Wait, have you ever wondered how we even ended up here?" Ambush asked.

"Actually, no," Rush replied, about to open the door. Halt did not say anything, he just opened his book and started reading it.

The walk to the library was not far, only about a few minutes walk from Halt's room. But on the way there, Rush encountered a door.

Strange. Don't remember a door being here. Wonder what it leads to... Rush wondered. He placed a hand on the doorknob and turned it. No creak... Must be a new door... From the small gap, Rush could see the room inside, it looked like somebody's room, but he knew that door was not here a few days ago. The room had a faint fog tinted in a light blue hue. The walls were painted crystal blue.

This blue... Just like Spirit's... Rush opened the door wide open. Inside was Spirit, doing her own things. "Spirit?" Rush asked.

"AH!! Rush?! You scared me!" Spirit called out.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know this was your room. I didn't know you even had one," Rush apologised.

"Well, I didn't then, but I decided that I wanted my own room so I had a place to sleep in," Spirit explained, calming down slightly.

"Oh, well, sorry for just walking in without knocking..." Rush apologised again.

"No problem, I should have told you all first, my bad.." Spirit responded.

"I'll just leave-"

"I'm fine with you here for a while," Spirit said.

"Really?"

"Why not?"

Rush smiled, he closed the door behind him and sat down on the chair beside the door.