Chapter 18 - A Confession to Make

Rush, Halt, and Glitch stood outside Ambush's room while Spirit tried to perform a healing ritual. They were too nervous and scared to speak to each other. After all, Ambush was hurt pretty badly. Spirit had told them previously that Ambush was pretty much on the brink of death, so they had good reason to not speak.

That is, until Halt said, "So, Rush, you never explained how you're walking again. Could you tell us?" Halt turned to Rush, waiting for a response. Rush sighed, then answered him.

"Well, remember how there were still four items left after you and Spirit went to go round up the others?" Rush questioned.

"Oh, okay, got it," Halt replied.

"Yeah, it was a small, silver earring shaped like an axe," Glitch said, then Rush turned his head so Halt could see it.

"Woah, cool! Is it pierced or clipped on?" Halt asked.

"Pierced," Rush answered, fidgeting with his necklace. "It was incredibly painful."

They then continued standing in silence, waiting for Spirit to come out and tell them how Ambush was doing.

////////////

Eyes, Screech, Sally, and Jack were in the library. Jack was nervously pacing on the upper level, Sally and Screech were talking about Timothy, and Eyes was whispering to himself in the corner. They were pretty stressed over having their original plan fail, and losing their friends to this demonic shadow being.

"W-we need to think of a way to save them... but how..." Jack muttered to himself. He continued pacing the upper level, before finally throwing himself onto the couch, a strong feeling of uselessness creeping into his brain. We should have come up with a better back up plan, rather than just 'Panic, Scream and Fight.'

Meanwhile, Screech and Window were discussing different ways they could save Timothy and Figure, and kick Shadow's butt. So far, the only thing they had come up with was to try and take Shadow by surprise, and then beat him up and steal the keys, free their friends, then blow up Shadow's lair and let him burn in the ruins. Even then, they both knew it was a bad idea.

Eyes sat in the corner of the library, next to a closet, a fallen lamp, and a painting that wasn't on the wall. He was still trying to process the failed plan, the loss of Figure and Timothy, and what secrets Spirit had been keeping from them. After all, Shadow spoke to her as if he knew her, or at least had met her a few times prior to that moment. Questions were piling themselves in Eyes' mind, and he knew he wasn't going to get many answers.

Why did Shadow say his assistant and Spirit knew each other? If he could sense our minds, why didn't he notice the others sneaking in? What is Spirit hiding from us? Will Ambush recover, or will he be bound to a bed forever? Eyes was driving himself insane with all these unanswered questions, and he knew it. To lessen the downpour on his brain, he whispered some of the questions out loud, but they were still too quiet for the others to hear. However, as the unanswerable questions spun in his head, an idea sparked in his mind.