Chapter 54

"O-ho-ho! Look who we have here! The minecraft girl!" A sudden voice boomed over the crowd, and Ray rolled her eyes as she turned around

"O-ho-ho! Look who we have here! The minecraft girl!" A sudden voice boomed over the crowd, and Ray rolled her eyes as she turned around. Diana and Celine also tensed up, annoyed that their reunion with their missing best friend was interrupted.

Lawrence and his goons walked over to them in the midst of the whispers of the entire hallway. He had a smug look on his face, as if he held some sort of leverage over her. Lawrence was unfortunately a very familiar face- each year, almost out of tradition, he'd asked her out sometime at the beginning of the year. Rumor said he was completely smitten by her, however Ray knew that his aim wasn't a bustling romance, rather a leverage that would permit him to step up the wealth hierarchy. After all, her family was richer than his.

However, the usually confident and sleezy Lawrence now had a more evil and disbelieved look on his face. As he walked up to them he started slow clapping.

"Seriously, Ray? You play minecraft? Seriously, what's a worse activity to waste your time?" His words were slow and sarcastic, attempting to make fun of her.

However Ray's expression remained stoic.

Lawrence raised an eyebrow. "What? Got nothing to say? Wow. After all of our years together, I never expected the woman I loved was such a loser."

Diana's body tensed, a clear sign that she was about to scream her ass off at him. However, Ray extended an arm in front of her, expressing that this was her battle to fight. Simultaneously, a tall figure pushed forward through the crowd, slightly surprised by the scene in front of him.

"You're an investment guy, aren't you?" Ray asked, crossing her arms on her chest.

Lawrence's expression shifted slightly.

"Yes?"

"How much did you make the first two splits of this year?"

"Uh." Lawrence cleared his throat. "I don't like discussing my earnings in front of-"

"What was the profit compared to the losses? C'mon, you're going to make me think that you lost everything." 

"Bullshit. I made 200K if you really want to know." He hissed out, and Ray raised an eyebrow.

"Wow. Impressive. I made 1.5 million."

"What?" Lawrence deadpanned.

"What do you mean 'what'? I losered my way into earning 7.5 times what you do." She shrugged, face still cold and composed. "And remind me- what do you do in your free time, Lawrence? I'm really hoping you quit that genshin impact youtube channel that you tried starting, but failed miserably. Remind me of the name- PrinceCharming885, was it?"

Lawrence's mouth hung open as the students began gossiping, all taking out their phones to search up his alias. Ray took his speechlessness as an opportunity to get closer to him, leaning into his ear.