Cheater - Deuce x M!reader

Warning: Swearing

-Angst-

Your POV:

I was walking down the hall looking for my lovely boyfriend. We were supposed to go on a date today which I was very excited about because he's been so busy that we've never been able to do anything anymore. I turned the corner and saw Trey and Cater. What are they staring at? I walked over to them so I could see what caught their attention.

When I stopped next to them Trey shot his head over in my direction. "Shit..." I heard him say quietly. He suddenly got in front of me blocking my vision. But I had already seen...

"Y/n what are you doing here?!" I didn't respond immediately but ended up getting my words out.

"I came to find Deuce. We're supposed to go on a date today!" I smiled at him.

"O-oh! I think he's in the library."

"Ya I saw him there earlier," Cater said pushing me back in the direction where I had come from. "Let's go see." He said laughing awkwardly. "Are you ok Cater? You're acting weird."

"I don't know what you're talking about. I'm perfectly fine!" I frowned. Liar...

"Ok then..." We continued to make our way over to the library him acting strange. In my opinion at least. Trey had disappeared sometime when I noticed he wasn't behind us.

"Oh! By the way, what were you two staring at earlier? It seems to have caught your attention." I asked waiting to see what stupid excuse he would come up with. "Oh...ummm..."

"It was just Mr. Trein's cat," Trey said coming out of nowhere. I jumped slightly and I stopped. Sure it was. "Y/n?"

I let out a heavy sigh. "No, it wasn't..." I crossed my arms and looked at the floor. I saw both of their faces drop and the tension in the atmosphere changed. "I'm not stupid. Plus I saw it before you could block me, Trey." He looked away. "It wasn't what it looked like Y/n." I laughed.

"So when Epel kissed Duece and he did nothing about it then that's not what it looks like?!" I rubbed my eyes and tried to calm myself down. "So...are you lying to protect him or are you lying to protect me?" No response.

I guess I got my answer. What did I expect? Of course, they were protecting him...

I felt tears form in the corners of my eyes but I wouldn't let them fall. I wouldn't let them see that this broke me. I just wouldn't. I shoved my way past them and tuned them out as they called my name. Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit!

Gosh, I'm so fucking stupid! I thought to myself as I ran around the corner. I ran until I got to the library. I opened the doors and went to the only place where I know no one would find me.

I climbed up a ladder onto the top of the bookshelves and crawled carefully to the corner. I moved the box I had placed there and reviled a familiar little door. I opened it and grabbed the box, placing it right in front of the door. Once I was sure that it covered the entire door I closed it and turned on the lamp I had put on there. It was my quiet place. The only place I could go to when I wanted to be alone.

The only person who about this place was grim. He knew that if I was nowhere to be found, check here first. And to make sure that no one was following him before coming here. If I was here he knew to ask if he could come in or if I wanted him to leave. To which I would usually let him in. He understood that this was the one place where he HAD to respect my privacy.

I hadn't even told Deuce about this place. And I was happy about that.

I want grim here...

I pressed the little button on my necklace that I had gotten for me and grim when I was here and needed comfort but he wasn't around. Sometimes I would use it for other purposes. It was very useful. "Mhm? Y/n is something wrong?" I hesitate. The words not coming out of my mouth. "Are you there?"

"Mhm..." I responded quietly. "I'll get there as soon as I can." He hung up and I just sat there, waiting for him to get here.

Time skip

I woke up and the light from the lamp partially blinded me. Did I fall asleep? I slowly got up and stopped when I saw grim laying next to me. His tail loosely wrapped around my arm. I then looked over to the door. It was open slightly. He must have tried to open it himself. I chuckled softly reaching over and closing the door properly. I laid back down and pet grim before going back to sleep. Thank you...

850 words
I hoped you enjoyed! Till next time!

(sorry for not posting for a bit😅)