Lonely - Ruggie x M!reader

Extra information:
In this non-canon AU Ruggie hates quiet and always needs to be around someone or he feels like no one needs his company and he feels useless. :)

-Fluff-

??? POV:

Ruggie walked around looking for someone to talk to. As Jack was on his morning jog and Leona was still asleep and kicked him out when he went to wake him up. As he walked around the halls endlessly he heard voices. His ears parked up and he ran around the corner. Two students stood there chatting and looked over immediately stopping when Ruggie came around the corner.

"Hello! What are you guys talking about?" Ruggie said as he skipped over to the two males. "Nothing, just...ummm. Books." the taller of the two males said awkwardly laughing. "Books?" He said, racing an eyebrow. "Ya..."

"Hey ----- we have to meet up with ----- remember?" He pulled the taller male in the opposite direction of Ruggie. "Right! Sorry, Ruggie we gotta go." The two males turned their backs and ran away. "Umm ok then. Bye!" When they turned the corner and disappeared from his vision his cheerful smile slowly fell and his ears flattened.

He frowned and continued his walk around the halls for someone to talk to.

Hours passed and he still found no one. It was like everyone was avoiding him on purpose. Finally giving up he walked back to his room, his ears flat on his head and his eyes beginning to tear up. I guess no one wants to be around me...

Once he got to his room he opened his door and shut it behind him, locking it. He crawled into his bed and curled up under his covers, closing his eyes. Eventually falling asleep.

Ruggie POV:

'Knock' 'knock'

"Mhmm..." I groaned, moving around my bed. "Ruggie are you in there?" I heard a muffled voice say somewhere near my door. "Ruggie?" I heard someone say once again. "I'm coming..." I said in a croaky voice. I flung the covers off me, the cold immediately making the hairs on my arms stood up.

The floor is cold when my feet touch it and my body feels heavy. I yawn as I make my way toward the door, struggling because I'm sleepily tripping over shoes and clothes scattered around my room.

I place my hand on the doorknob and unlock it then open it. "Yes?" I said, my eyes squinting as they try to adjust to the new light setting. "I was wondering if you wanted to go with me to this new cake shop, but you seem tired so should I come back some other time or...?"

I nodded rapidly, all the tiredness disappearing in an instant. "We should also invite Leona," Y/n said with a smile on his face. "He's not going to agree. He'd rather sleep than go with us." I said as I followed Y/n to Leona's room. "Then we'll just have to drag him out of bed. Simple as that."

I smiled at the thought. "Ok then!" We ran over to Leona's room and flanged the door open.

"What the?!" Y/n grabbed Leona's leg and I pulled his covers out of his hands. "Let me go!" I and Y/n ignored him and continued to pull him along the floor.

Your POV:

Ruggie ran around the shop looking at all the different cakes and Leona stood beside me, frowning. "I know you didn't want to come but thank you for helping me with this." He side glared at me. "Ya ya, whatever."

I chuckled. It took a lot of convincing but I eventually got Leona to let me and Ruggie drag him out of his room and a bit around the halls. I know he won't admit it but he hates to see Ruggie sad. Especially since he's the most energetic person he knows. Maybe other than me but oh well.

He did this for Ruggie and that's nice to know. I turned my attention back to Ruggie and smiled. "Have you decided what you want to try yet Ruggie?"

"Mhm! This one!" He smiled brightly. "Alright then. Mam, can we buy this cake please?"

"Of course. Would you like it for here or to go?" I smiled. "Here please," I said as Leona came up beside me. "You want anything before I pay?"

"This one." He said pointing to a small piece of cake. "Ok. This one too please." I said pointing to the cake Leona wanted. "For here too?" She said placing the piece of cake Ruggie wanted on the counter. "Yes please." She nodded and grabbed the slice. "Your total is $$$." I gave her the money and we went to find a seat. "Thank you."

790 words
I hoped you enjoyed! Bye! :)