Truth? - Malleus x M!reader

!I do not own the art!

-Angst-

Your POV:

I was walking back to Ramshackle when I saw Malleus standing by the gate. "What's he doing here?" Malleus looked over at me and walked over to me. "Y/n hello, do you have a minute to talk?" I raised an eyebrow, confused. "Is something wrong?" He looked away. "Malleus? Did something happen?" He clears his throat and looked back at me, glaring coldly at me. I tensed and kept calm. "Who's Alec?" My eyes widened. A smirk formed on my face. "Well, I guess there's no hiding it now hmm...?"

Malleus POV:

I kept my gaze solid as Y/n looked up at me. He had a wide smirk on his face which made me angrier. "I was wondering when you would find out...didn't think it would take this long but everyone picks up on things differently." My frown deepened as I clenched my fist. "what's wrong? Did you actually think I loved you?" I continued to look down at Y/n as I tried to keep a straight face. Y/n looked at me eyes widening before bursting out laughing. "Oh my god! Thats hilarious!" I stood there as he laughed. "What-"

"You're so gullible Malleus..." Y/n said as he calmed down and whipped his eye. "I never loved you for even a second." My chest ached hearing those words, especially coming out of the Y/n's mouth. "I was just pretending because I was bored and had nothing else to do. All you ever were to me was a toy for my own amusement." His smirk returned to his face. He sighed. "Do you think that anyone would ever love someone like you? I mean look at you. You were so desperate for someone to love that you ignored Sliver and Sebek when they tried to tell you the truth. You even ignored Lilia!"

Y/n walked closer to me and pulled me down. "You'll never find anyone who's willing to love a freak like you." Y/n whispered into my ear and walked away. I just stood there staring at him as he walked away. I could feel myself beginning to cry. Was I really that stupid...?

Your POV:

I made my way to my room as soon as I got in ramshackle. I flung my door open and went to the window in my room. I watched as Malleus still stood there, frozen. I stared at him. I didn't know what to feel. I never intended to tell him nor did I want to break his heart. Stupid...

I was never able to properly express my feelings in the right way which was the reason I didn't want to date Malleus because I knew that I would break his heart. I'm the problem not him. I'm the one who betrayed his trust and I knew it but I didn't feel bad in the slightest. All I could do was watch him as he stood there unable to move and crying. I don't know what's wrong with me but I like watching people cry and be in pain. I alway have even when I was a child. It was a weird obsession that everyone feared me for. It was the reason I never learned that it was wrong.

To be honest I didn't care. It's what kept me from getting my own heart broken and thats all that mattered to me. So why do I find a specific liking to his pain? I want him to suffer more...but why? I frowned. It hurt to see him like this now. I felt bad.

It felt weird to see him like this. Then it felt nice to see him like this. My emotions were changing constantly. I felt angry one moment then disgusted the next. Something was wrong...this had dent happened before...

"Y/n...why?" I turned around and saw Yuu looking at me through my door. He was clearly upset about Malleus. I turned back to Malleus. "I don't know. You know me I just...enjoy this." Yuu sighed and walked over to me. "No Y/n you don't."

"I...don't?" Yuu shook his head. "you just want to find someone who you see yourself in but you test that out by breaking people. Making them cry..." I looked at Yuu confused. "You're not happy anymore and thats why you do this. To find someone who can cry with you..." Yuu said but he words didn't process through me. "You leaving before you can figure out what you really want." I sat down and tried to understand but I couldn't. "I don't under-"

"He reminds you of someone doesn't he?" He does. I nodded. I never understood my condition and I never will. "Go to sleep and I'll explain to him." With that Yuu left my room and I just sat there in complete silence. With my though and tears flooding my head and eyes. What's wrong with me...? Why won't anyone tell me...?

801 words

I hope you enjoyed! Bye :D