Confession - Ace x M!reader

!I do not own the art!

-Fluff-

Your POV:

As I walk around the halls trying to find Ace and Deuce I turned a corner and saw Ace and Deuce. They were talking with Trey. As I was about to call them I heard Trey and Deuce say Yuu's name. Curious I went back behind the corner and listened to what they were saying. They were pretty far so I could only hear some of what they were saying.

"Just give him roses and chocolate. I'm pretty sure he'll like that." I heard Deuce say. Who? Yuu? "No no. You can't just get him flowers and chocolate. Get him something that he likes. Like his favorite food, game, plush, book, or anything that will show him that you've been paying attention."

My chest began to ache. Does Ace like Yuu? I looked down at the ground and closed my eyes praying that I wouldn't start crying. I took a breath out and opened my eyes. I guess I have no chance with him then, so I'll help him out. I smiled and walked away.

Later :D

"So I just mix these two and I get a healing potion?" I asked still unsure if this was right. "Yup, trust me I've had to make quite a lot of these because of Ace, Deuce, and Grim," Yuu said confidently. "Ok then...I'm trusting you." I poured the two mixtures into the pot and sutured them together. Smoke came out and the potion turn green. "See. I wasn't that hard." Yuu smiled at me. "For you ya, but for me way harder because I wasn't sure if this would explode."

"I would never do that to you. How could you think of such a thing?" Yuu said innocently as I raised an eyebrow. "Sure..." I said moving away from him/her/them. "Hey, guys!" I looked up and saw Ace and Deuce coming toward us. "Oh hey, guys," Yuu said as I smiled at them as they stopped in front of us. "What are you guys doing?"

"I'm helping Y/n make a healing potion." Both Ace and Deuce looked at me. "It's for a project Mr. Crewel gave us and I forgot how to make it and didn't want to accidentally kill myself so I asked Yuu if he/she/they knew how to make it," I said trying to keep my voice steady and calm. "I just finished and I'm going to use the restroom real quick." I laughed and immediately made my way toward the bathroom.

I sat in the stall staring blankly at the door. How am I supposed to help if I can't even be in the same room as him? "This is stupid. I just need to accept the fact that he likes Yuu and probably only sees me as a friend." I groaned. "God this isn't going to work. Maybe I can just leave anytime Yuu is with me and he comes around, so he can ask him and I'm not there to hear it." That doesn't sound like a bad idea. "I got nothing better so that's what we're doing..." I got up and left the bathroom and was going to go back to Ramshackle when I remembered that I had left my potion with Yuu.

"Come on..." I sighed. "I'll just get it and go," I whispered to myself. I walked back to where I and Yuu were and opened the door. "Oh Y/n your back. What took you so long?"

"There was a bit of a line. Anyway, I came here to get my potion so I can go and turn it in. So I'm just going to bottle it and go." With that, I did what I said and left. After that, I turned in my potion to Mr. Crewel and started to avoid Ace. Any time he came around and I was with Yuu I made an excuse so they could be alone.

Ace POV:

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Deuce nodded and gave me a thumbs-up. "Don't worry, if Yuu couldn't get Y/n out where he/she/they would have texted me."

"Look there they are! Now go!"

Your POV:

"So why are we here again?" I asked bored. "Can't we just go on a walk together?" I groaned. "Can't we just stay at Ramshackle?"

"Umm, Y/n?" I looked over and saw Ace. "Can..." I looked down at what he was holding. "Don't worry I'll leave," I said and quickly turned around to walk away. "Y/n wait!" Ace said grabbing my wrist. "I want to talk to you actually..." my eyes widened and Yuu slipped away behind me. "Umm...well here. I like you Y/n." Ace pulled out what was behind him and put it in front of me. I stood there shocked. My cheeks turned a light pink as I took the gifts from Ace.

"I like you too Ace," I said smiling. "Really?!" I nodded. Ace let out a sigh. "I thought you hated me or something." I chuckled. "I don't, sorry for giving you that impression." Deuce and Yuu jumped out from behind a bush, cheering.

854 words
I hope you enjoyed! Bye :D