April fools- Cater x M!reader

!I do not own the art!

-Angst to Fluff-

Cater POV:

I had my phone in my hand while it was ringing. Come on pick up. "I'm sorry but his number is unavailable. Please try again-" I hung up the call and dialed Y/n's number again. The same message answered just like all the other times. I hung up again and opened the gate to ramshackle. "Come on, come on, come on, please be here." I walked up to the door and knocked. "Grim, Yuu open the door!" I stood there impatiently as I waited for someone to open the door and tell everyone that I wasn't crazy. That I wasn't delusional. The door opened and Grim stood there. "Grim where's Y/n?" I said and was met with a confused Grim.

"Who?" I began to worry. "Y/n? The person who you have been living with along with Yuu for the past months?" I said getting angry. "Are you sure you're in the right place, cause no one named Y/n lives here except me and Yuu?"

"Yes, there is! Come on Grim, just tell me where he is!" Grim frowned and crossed his arms. "No one named Y/n lives here! Plus if they did how do we not know about them?" I frowned. "But you do know them! Is something wrong with everyone or something?" I yelled, tears beginning to form. I wasn't crazy. He was just with me yesterday! "Grim, what's going on I heard yelling?" Yuu walked over and picked up Grim. "Yuu, can you please tell me where Y/n is?"

"Who?" I looked at Yuu shocked. He/she/they had known Y/n since they were kids. I thought him/her/them of all people would remember. "What do you mean? Y/n! The person you grew up with as a child!" Yuu looked worried. "I didn't have a friend named Y/n as a kid Cater. Are you ok? Did you hit your hard or something?" I was genuinely shocked. Everyone I had gone to didn't know who Y/n was. It was as if they had their memory whipped. "Cater...Cater are you ok? Do you want to sit down...?" I shook my head and left. What's going on...?

Later :D

I closed my door and sat on the floor. "Why does no one remembers?" I grabbed my phone and opened magicam. Was I really imagining all this time? I looked through the photos and all the photos I thought I took with Y/n had just me in them. I turned off my phone and pulled my legs up to my chest, just sitting there.

Your POV:

I peeked out from behind the corner. "Yuu, Grim! Is he gone yet?" I whispered and Yuu turned to nod at me. I sighed. "Finally! Anyway, who do you think we did base on his reaction?" I asked. Yuu looked out the window and back at me. "Good enough that he seems to think that he's crazy." I smiled. "Don't worry I'll tell him in an hour. I heard how desperate he was..." I looked at the ground. I felt guilty. Everyone at heartslabyul had been asking me when they could tell Cater it was just a prank. I myself was worried when they called me and asked that.

"I'll follow him so that when it's time I'm already in heartslabyul and it doesn't take longer." I grabbed a bag I had made as an apology after I told him. "Thanks for the help guys. Great acting by the way." I waved and started following Cater who wasn't that far ahead. I hope this doesn't affect anything...

I sat in Trey's room waiting for it to hit 8:00 PM. I wonder how he's going to react. "Y/n you should get going it's almost time." I sat up and walked over to the door. "Bye Trey! Thanks for the help!" He nodded and I left for Cater's room. I walked nervously towards his door and stopped when I stood in front of it. I took in a deep breath as I knocked on the door. No answer. Maybe he's asleep. I wiggled his doorknob and it opened. "Cater~," I said quietly, walking in. His room was dark and he was laying on his bed. I tightened my grip on the bag in my hand. He had been crying.

I placed the bag down on the floor and walked over to him. "Go away..." I ignored his comment and continued. "Cater it me," I said more firmly as he lifted his head. His eyes widened and I could see tears form in his eyes. "Y/n...?" I nodded as I sat next to his pillow. He opened his mouth or say something but it didn't come out and he instead wrapped his arms around my waist. "Where were you?! I thought that I was crazy or something!"

"Sorry love it was a prank..." I said as I stroked his hair. "Don't do that again!" I chuckled. "I won't."

"As an apology I borough some clothes so we can take some photos," I said as he popped his head up. "Later..." I nodded.

861 words
I hope you enjoyed! Bye :D