◉Chapter 5◉

I didn't feel sad this morning when I saw Elijah was yet again not lying besides me. I was to busy to feel sad. Apparently having a pack coming to visit was a big thing. But I guess it was because we hadn't had visitors in so long. I for one, wasn't so excited. Having vistors meant having more work. More work equals not having much time to spend with my mate. So no, the Black Death pack could stay right where they were for me.

"After you have finish cleaning all the guest rooms you will clean the hallways and the living. Do not bother anyone or you will be punished. Now leave my sight at once." The Alpha demanded, not taking his eyes of the papers before him. He was stressed, anyone was able to see that.

I nodded, bowed and quickly shuffled out of his office. I had been cleaning all morning before the Alpha called me into his office. Only to be assigned to do more cleaning. I swear I had cleaned the guest rooms three times already.

"Get out of my way, stupid Omega," the Luna, Marie, hissed and shoved me to the side to enter her mates office.

No, the Luna was not nice to me. She was a sweet lady, really. Sweeter than her husband anyway. But she didn't give me a special treatment. I mean why would she? I was just the Omega, I really didn't deserve a special treatment.

I mentally scolded myself. I was feeling sorry for myself again. Just suck it up, I told myself, if I'm lucky I'll die at the age of thirty.

"What the fuck are you still doing here? Didn't I just give you orders?" The Alpha's pissed off voice broke me away from my thoughts and I paled.

I saw him raise his hand and braced myself. In seconds I was laying across the hall. The left side of my face throbbing.

"Honey don't hurt it to much. She still needs to clean everything. We need her," Marie reasoned. Like I said, the Luna was a bit nicer than her husband.

I clenched my teeth, trying my best to block out the pain. I stood up as fast as I could and bowed my head down.

"I am sorry Alpha, I will go do my chores now," I said, wincing every time I moved my jaw.

His slap hurt a lot more than Bonnies. It would definitely take while to heal. And I didn't have any make-up to cover up bruises up.

I scurried away quickly to the kitchen. Before someone scolded me for not doing anything I grabbed the cleaning supplies and went to do my chores.

Four hours later I finally finished cleaning all guest rooms. It was half five and I knew I had to start dinner soon or I'd get beaten again. As I made my way downstairs I heard my mates voice and froze. Running back up the stairs I hid in the first room I saw. I closed the door and pressed my ear to it.

Yes, I was avoiding him. We hadn't really spoken since yesterday when I ran out of his room. Last night he didn't even look at me properly. He just wrapped his arms around me and didn't speak a word. But from the aura around him I think he was still a bit pissed.

That's why I held my breath as his voice became louder and louder. His footsteps stopped right outside the door and I froze, trying my best not to panic. Was he able to smell me?

But then I heard a little moan and my heart dropped as I smelt another female with him. So I was right? Was he really using me yesterday?

When I heard them continue walking I let out a sigh in relief.

"Wow. Never knew you were so good at hiding."

I shrieked in surprise as I heard the voice behind me and turned around hastily. Harry was sitting on his bed, his legs crossed and a book on his lap.