◎Chapter 15◎

"I don't think this is a good idea, maybe I should go back," I said and tried my best to ignore all the glaring pack members.

"How about no," Lorcan said and gave all of them a threatening stare. "This is a pack event and you're still a pack member."

I sighed. Sadly enough he was right. This was an incredibly important day for the pack and I, an Omega or not, was still a pack member. Plus Harry really wanted me here. 

I wasn't here for Elijah. Besides I had no idea if he even wanted me here after he stormed out of the bathroom after our talk. In the shower I had a lot of time to think. When Elijah had asked me if I loved him, I didn't know what to answer. No, I didn't love him. I wasn't even able to feel love. He knew that. He was here when the doctor said that. So why did he even ask?

And why did he get so angry when I didn't answer him? What was he expecting? A yes, I love you. I almost laughed at that thought. Even if I did love him, it wasn't going to change anything. He still had no feelings besides hate and anger for me. I mean, he wouldn't have treated me like this if he did love me, even like me.

Which brought me to my decision. 

I was going to reject Elijah. I should have done it in the bathroom. Hell, I should have done it as soon as cheated on me the first time.

I had no idea when I was going to reject him. All, I knew was that I had to do it as soon as possible. It was a party tonight, meaning Elijah was going to drink and probably sleep with someone. I wasn't sure I would be able to handle the pain. I was still not fully recovered and the doctor said that the next emotionally bad thing happening to me could be the end of me.

It was almost funny. Not even a week ago I was okay with dying, now not so much. All I needed was a little push too find my will to live again. Ironically was that push a heartbreak and a way out. 

But I still wasn't sure what I was going to do when I rejected him. I had always been scared of being alone. So Lorcan's offer was the best idea, but what if I was treated like this there too? What if they didn't like me either? Something told me it would be like that, but still, there was a nagging feeling at the pack of my mind. 

"Hello, earth to Parker." Lorcan waved his hand a few times to catch my attention. "Are you okay? You just spaced out for a couple of minutes."

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking."

He raised a brow. "About what?" he asked while leaning against a tree. 

I sat down with my back against the tree and looked around. We were just out of hearing reach of the pack. "My mate."

Lorcan sighed. "Parker, I know I'm only fifteen and haven't had any experience with mates and stuff. But-- You're mate is a dick."

I snorted. "Tell me about it."

Lorca shook his head and sat down next to me. "I'm serious Parker. I would treat my mate like that. Certainly not if she was as amazing as you--"

I interrupted him. "I'm not amazing at all Lorcan. Plus, you hardly know me."

He just continued on. "Just the thought of cheating on my mate makes me sick to my stomach. And I haven't even met her yet. I wouldn't even care if she was an Omega or even human. I would still treat here like a queen. But what I'm saying is-- Don't you think it would be beter if you rejected him? I mean. He treats you horribly and you don't deserve that Parker. You really don't. And--"

"I know."

"Yeah, I mean? Just because you're an Omega doesn't mean he gets to treat you like sh-- Wait, what?" his head snapped up to me and he gave me a surprised look. "You know?"

"Yeah, I know. I was just to scared and stupid to see it before. But I see it now. I'm planning on rejecting him tonight."

Lorcan gave me a small smile and nodded. "See Parker? You're really strong."

I didn't reply and just stared at the rest of the pack members. Luckily they weren't able to see me. Or they would constantly be glaring at me.

"Oh bubbles," Lorcan groaned and let his head fall on my shoulder. "He's coming this way."

"What?" I asked confused. "Who's coming this way?"

"Thorn," Lorcan replied and seemed to zone out then. 

I sighed mentally. Wishing I was able to speak to Harry like that, but the pack disconnected me from the pack link. After all, I was just the Omega. 

"Thorn is pissed," he mumbled after a while. "He found out I sneaked out without letting him know where I was going."

"You seem very close to Thorn," I stated.

"I am," Lorcan told me. "He was always there for me. Even when my parents died. He just held me while I cried and told me everything was going to be okay. I love Thorn. But he can be so overprotective sometimes. Do you know he is my private teacher? He doesn't even let me go to high school. He's always so afraid something is going to happen to me."

"Because something always seems to happen to you," Thorn's deep voice startled us. Lorcan jumped up and gave his Beta a sheepish smile.

"Oh hey Thorn. I was just getting a breather. You know, being in that room the whole day can be really boring."

"You haven't even been in your room since we have arrived here besides for sleeping. We were taking a run when you decided to disappear," Thorn told him flatly and crossed his arms. He looked even bigger and more intimidating when he did that. I was a bit surprised. I hadn't heard Thorn talk this much since I had met him. All he did was grunt and glare at everyone.

Lorcan crossed his arms, not feeling threatened by his Beta or even slightly scared at all. "Yeah well, it's not like I was kidnapped or something. I just decided to go and get Parker. Besides I'm an Alpha I can take care of myself."

Thorn raised an eyebrow, there was an amused smile hanging on his lips. "Oh really? Okay then Alpha. Where is your cellphone?"

Lorcan rolled his eyes and patted his jeans pocket. "That's easy. It's right here-- Bubbles."

A sigh escaped Thorn. "You would not even survive a day without me Lorcan. Now Hurry up. The ceremony is starting in ten minutes. If you guys still want to speak to Harry I suggest we head over there now."

I nodded and started walking towards the pack house. But a hand appeared on my shoulder and stopped me. 

"Yes Beta Thorn?" I asked when I saw it was Thorn who stopped me.

He shook his head, te hard look in his eyes softening a bit. "No need to be so formal, just Thorn is okay. Lorcan has taking a liking on you and I have to admit, I have too. So I just want you to be careful tonight. Either I or Lorcan will be at your side today, but, you never know. All you have to do is call for us okay, Parker?"

Shocked, but not really moved from his concern, I nodded and smiled a bit. "Okay. Thank you Thorn."

Thorn smiled, showing a set of perfect, pearly white teeth. "No problem. You're easy to like Parker. I really don't see why your pack is so mean towards you."

I shrugged. "I honestly don't know either."

"And Parker?" Lorcan asked, coming to stand besides Thorn. "The offer is still up."

"Yeah," Thorn added. "We would be lucky to have you in our pack."

This was kind of a filler chapter. Next one will have Elijah in it and we all know by now Elijah means trouble.