◎Chapter 19◎

Bonnie's face was one of pure horror and disbelief. Without even glancing my way she stormed over to Elijah. Only stopping a few feet away from him.

"Tell me this isn't true! Tell me that pathetic Omega isn't your mate!" Bonnie waved her hands around, frantic. She looked at Elijah pleadingly before turning my way and snarling.

"This is all your fault you stupid b--"

"SILENCE!"

Elijah's voice held so much authority even I flinched, more than usually and it wasn't even directed towards me.

Bonnie's face changed to disbelief again. Although she was afraid to make Elijah mad, she tried not to show it. "I can't believe this. Are sticking up for that--that thing?"

It happened so fast. One moment Bonnie was standing in the middle of the room and then she was laying next to the wall unconscious.

Elijah sighed harshly and rubbed his temple. "Annoying b--" When his eyes fell on me, they softened. He took a step forward only to halt when I flinched yet again.

I had no idea why I flinched. I wasn't afraid. Okay, that was a lie. I was afraid. Just not as much as I used to be.

"I'm sorry," my mate said before glancing at Bonnie quickly. "I wasn't trying to scare you, she just pissed me off. I was telling the truth when I said I was going to protect you. I'm not going to let anyone talk to you like that again."

He had stood up for me. Elijah had actually stoop up for me. Maybe he was really telling the truth. Maybe he was really trying this out. Trying us out.

But I couldn't just get my hopes up to high. Then, when all of this was just a trick, I would certainly crash and burn.

"I know you're doubtful Parker," Elijah said and looked at me seriously. "But I am telling you the truth. I love you."

When I didn't respond he sighed again and nodded. "Okay, I know this is hard for you. I understand, umh, I'm going to get rid off her." He pointed with a nasty glare in Bonnies direction. Maybe you can freshen up and maybe we could uh-- I don't know. Go eat dinner or something. I understand if you don't want to-- uh-- It was just an idea."

Seeing Elijah nervous didn't make my heart flutter like I thought it would. But I couldn't deny he looked cute. Really cute.

Slowly I nodded. "Okay. Can Lorcan, Thorn and Harry come?"

His as widened as if he hadn't expected me to say yes, although he looked like he just wanted us to be alone, he just nodded and gave me a smile before walking to the unconscious girl.

I quickly got out of bed and hurried to his bathroom. Shutting the door behind me I locked it and let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding.

Oh God, what was I going to do?

Unfortunately, no matter how long I waited, nobody answered. I let out a sad sigh and walked towards the shower. I pulled off all of my clothes before stepping into the shower and turning it on. Turning around I set the temperature to cold before looking up at the shower head. Telling the water run down my face I tried my best to forget everything and just enjoy my shower. But Elijah's sent was everywhere making it hard to focus. Although I felt nothing towards Elijah but frustration, I still couldn't stop thinking about him.

I quickly shook my head and grabbed a shampoo bottle. Not sure if I was allowed to use it, but not really caring I just opened the cap and put some off the stuff in my hand. After shampooing my head and body I rinsed everything off and shut the shower off. After I grabbed a towel I realized I had no clothing with me.