◎Chapter 17◎

I stood there, frozen, as Elijah moved his lips sloppily agains mine. I could taste the alcohol, making me feel worse. Elijah had no idea what he was doing. He really was drunk. And this mistake was about to get him killed.

My thoughts were confirmed when I heard a growl and not even five seconds later Elijah his lips disappeared. A sick crossing sound echoed through the field and a growl followed. I was too shocked to move at first. But when I heard another growl, I quickly broke out of my trance and moved. 

"NO! HARRY! STOP!" I yelled as loud as I could when I saw him raising his fist again. He was going to hit his barely conscious Alpha, again. 

Harry turned towards me. His grip still tight on Elijah's collar. With nearly black eyes he growled. "What Parker?" he spat. "Are you going to defend this piece of shit? This piece of shit mate, whom has treated you like nothing but dirt. I knew you had a bad mate, but really Parker. Elijah? He was the worst of them all! So tell me again, why can't I beat him to pulp? As I reminder, something he did quite often to you?!"

Every word he sad was like a knife being stabbed in my heart. "No," I told him glaring. "You do not need to remind me. I know very well what my mate did to me. But he still is my mate Harry. And your Alpha so let him go."

Out of the corner I saw that a small crowd was starting to gather up around us. Luckily most of the pack members were incredibly drunk. And would not remember any of this in the morning. But there were still a few sober enough to understand what was going on. 

"No!" Harry snarled, barely holding his wolf at bay. "He is getting what he deserves Parker!"

"Harry no!" I pleaded and jumped right in front of Elijah just as Harry drew his fist back, getting ready to hit. 

When I didn't feel any pain, I looked up confused. My eyes grew big when I saw Elijah leaning over me, holding Harry his wrist.

"Dare to hit my mate again and I'll kill you!" He snarled and tightened his grip. 

At first Harry showed fear, but then the hard glare reappeared on his face as he laughed angrily. "Look who is finally standing up for their mate."

Elijah growled and pushed Harry away. He flew agains a tree on the other side of the field, but was luckily still conscious. He immediately stood up straight and charged towards Elijah. Transforming into his wolf as he leapt into the air. I heard Elijah growled and then he changed into his wolf too, meeting Harry midair. 

I felt a hand on my shoulder and then someone pulling me up and into someones arms. It wasn't until I heard him speak I noticed it was Thorn.

"You have to stop them," I whispered to him, not taking my eyes of the two fighting wolves. 

"I will," Thorn replied and carried me towards the pack house. "After I bring you to Lorcan. Stopping them now would be useless. We can better let them blow of some steam. Besides you could have gotten hurt, Elijah is pissed."

"He won't hurt me," I told him, not really believing myself either. I slowly dragged my eyes away from the wolves and directed them towards Thorn. Who was right. It was better to let them release  some of their anger. 

"Parker," he said and paused. "I know he is your mate and everything and you wanted to protect him. But really Elijah? He is the, pardon my French, the biggest piece of shit of them all."

I snorted and closed my eyes, felling drained suddenly. "I know. I would've chosen someone too else if the chose had been up to me. But unfortunately it wasn't and I'm stuck with Elijah."

Thorn didn't reply and silently brought me to Lorcan his room. Why his room I had no idea. I heard a door open and then I was placed in a soft bed. To tired to open my eyes I tried my best to speak, but it only came out as a mumble.