◎Chapter 27◎

I woke up surrounded by trees, with no human or werewolf in sight. My body was aching, like I had been run over by a car. I could feel every bone in my body. A groan left me as I tried to move, but it was nearly impossible, as if all my bones were broken. So I just laid still and focust on my hearing, trying to find where the other were. 

My hearing wasn't as developed as a normal werewolf, since I hadn't changed into my werewolf from in years. I always had to strain myself to hear if there were pack members in their room when I went around to collect the laundry. So I tried really hard to see if I heard them and immediately flicked back. Everything was so loud. Another painful groan left my lips, now my ears were ringing too.

I tried again, very carefully and instantly picked up growling from my left. I swallowed and tried to turn my head sideways. Tears sprung in my eyes as I did so, but I head to bite through the pain. 

Oh God, what was wrong with me? Even my sight was better than usual. I could see a few wolves fighting in the distance and I realized I was laying in the woods, just across the border from our pack. 

Well, I guess it wasn't really my pack anymore. 

As the fighting went on, my bones started to ache less and I was able to sit up. I felt so useless, sitting here, unable to move when my friends were fighting for our lives. Suddenly I heard howling and out if instinct I sprung upright. I grunted in pain, but willed myself not to cry as I looked around, trying to find were the howling came from. 

A wolf came running towards me. My body tensed and I tried to crawl backwards, but when I saw it was just Lorcan, I relaxed.

He changed into human form and came to a halt in front of me. I ignored is nakedness. "Where are the rest? What happend? Harry he--"

Lorcan raised his hands. "Calm down, everything is fine. Harry is fine. But-"

I shot upright, immediately regretting it a second later. A groan left my lips, but I suppressed the aching feeling. "What's wrong? Is somebody hurt?"

He shook his head. "Nobody is hurt. But-- How are you feeling? Do you remember what happend?" He gave me a concerned look. 

"I feel fine. Well, my body is aching, but I can handle it. And what do you mean, I remember passing out and then waking up here." I frowned when he raised his eyebrows. "What wrong?" 

Lorcan shook his head and shuffled his feet nervously. "Really nothing bad Parker, I'll explain everything later. But we got to go now. Thorn and Harry are getting the car. They'll be here in a few minutes."

"What about Elijah?" I asked, my heartbeat rising as suspicion grew. I didn't know how I would feel if something happened to him.

Lorcan scowled. "The son of a bubbles got bitten in the neck and has like a bazillion scratches,  but he is still alive and being a douche."

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. He was fine.

Of course he is, we would have felt it if something had happened. I gasped, surprised. I was going crazy. That voice was definitely in my head. My body swayed as a strange feeling went through my body. 

Lorcan shot forward and put a supporting hand on my arm. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "I'm fine. I just--" I was cut of by a large Land Rover pulling up in front of us. 

Harry got out of the passenger seat and opened the other door. "Get in," he said and assisted me as I got in the car. Lorcan got in behind me. I slid sideways until I  was sitting in the middle. Elijah was sitting next to me, his head leaning against the window.