◉Chapter 9◉

When I sat down next to Lorcan the whole pack went silent. After I finished serving breakfast I planned to sneak back into the kitchen, but one look at Lorcan and I knew I couldn't. I couldn't back out now. The Alpha gave me a glare and opened his mouth to yell at me, but Lorcan was first.

"I invited her to sit with us," he said with a stern face. "She made us breakfast after all."

I took a deep breath and kept my eyes on my plate. I knew I was acting cowardly, however I could feel the pack their curious stares and the Alpha's burning glare and they were making me incredibly nervous. Maybe this was a bad idea. I was going to get punished after this. Badly.

Taking a deep breath I glanced up. Elijah was staring at me with a scowl full of hatred. I immediately looked back down as my heart squeezed painfully. Harry and Lorcan were the only ones who were smiling at me. Thorn just stared at his plate, an impassive expressing on his face.

Lorcan apparently had enough of the silence and the glares and cleared his throat. "Please, start eating. She is my guest."

After a few secondes everyone did as he commanded. I, on the other hand, didn't feel like eating. I could still feel Elijah his eyes on me. Burning holes trough my head with his glare and it made my stomach turn.

"Don't you like the pancakes?" Lorcan asked when he noticed I wasn't eating and raised an eyebrow. "You wound me. You know my arm still hurts from making the batter."

I chuckled but then froze when I heard a growl.

"You helped the Omega with making breakfast?" Elijah growled and his darkened as he glared at Lorcan.

"Yes I did. And you better show her some damn respect! If it wasn't for her you would all be starving to death," he hissed.

My eyes widened and I felt my heart squeeze again. But this time it wasn't painfully. No, it gave me a warm an fuzzy feeling. He had stood up for me. Elijah noticed that.

"That thing is our Omega. I will treat it like I please!" Elijah sneered and gave me a disgusted look. "The Omega is nothing. We wouldn't even notice if it was gone. Nobody woud care. I wouldn't care! The fucking slut is meaningless to us, to me." He had said that last part while looking me in the eye.

My heart dropped and I gulped. It wasn't the first time he had said something like that. But it still hurts. Oh God it hurts so much.

Lorcan stood up and leaned over the table until his face was only inches away from Elijah. "I may be younger then you, but I am still an Alpha and I could kill you with a twirl of my wrist, so you better hold your tongue and treat her with respect," he threatened.

Thorn quickly stood up besides me and laid a hand on his Alpha's shoulder. "Alpha, please calm down," he soothed and Lorcan immediately relaxed.

He sighed and looked around the room. "I apologize for my outburst. Please continue eating," he said and sat back down.

I looked around and saw that everyone had been staring at Lorcan and Elijah. Elijah growled and stormed out of the room, but not before throwing a nasty glare mine and Lorcan's way. His words were stil going trough my head. I could feel the anger, no rage trough the mate bond.

Why was he so angry? Did he not like it when someone helped me? Did he really hate it when I was treated like I mattered? Was he only happy when I in pain?

A hand appeared on my shoulder and broke me away from my thoughts.

"Hey, just ignore him yeah?" Lorcan said and gave me a smile. "His just an asshole."

I gave him a fake smile back and nodded. "Thank you for standing up for me," I said. Then I gave him an honest smile.

He shook his head and placed a pancake from his plate on mine. "Don't mention it. You do deserve some respect. Now eat," he commanded, "I can practically see your bones. You're too skinny."

I was a cow according a lot of people though. I didn't say that out loud and just did as he said.

****

When I had finished doing the dishes, alone this time, I went to do my daily round and collected the laundry. I avoided the third floor like plague but when I had done everything on the first two floors I knew I could no longer avoid him.

I hadn't seen him since breakfast this morning and I was extremely glad. Although I had felt him. He had sex with another girl again. When I had felt it my knees gave out from under me and I fel. My head had bumped to the floor and I was knock-out thankfully for the whole time he was with another girl. But hate and anger woke me up. It wasn't coming from me though. It came from Elijah.

I knew if I saw him he would certainly start cursing at me and emotionally abuse me. It hurt so much to admit that but it was true. My heart was going to break completely soon and I knew it. I knew that if he said more hurtful things to me I was going to lose. My heart was hanging together by a thread and his words cut like a knife.

So when I entered the bedroom I had accepted the fact that soon my heart would be completely broken and I was ging to die sooner then I expected. I guess I had accepted that fact a lot sooner. I had been thinking about this for a few days now. Ever since I started throwing up blood. I knew I wasn't gong to grow old with my mate and see my grandchildren. I knew that in a few ears my body would be buried somewhere in the woods or even just burned. I knew that. I also knew that no one would care. And I had accepted that.

I was extremely thankful that I had met Lorcan, Harry and even Thorn. Although I didn't really knew them.

"Parker." He had said my name.

Oh God, no please. I don't wan't this.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before opening them. He was standing next to his bed with stoic look on his face. "Yes Alpha?"

"Come here," he said with a motion of his finger.I gulped but obeyed, scared by his calm demeanor.

When I finally reached him he just stared at me for full minute while I looked at the floor.

Slap.

My head snapped to the side as my vision became blurry and my cheek stung.

"Why?" he screamed at me. "Why the fuck do I have you as a mate? Why? You're just the Omega! You're nothing, but a worthless slut!"

When I was finally able to see clearly again, my eyes landed on a used condom besides his bed and the dam broke. I turned my head to look at him and for the first time in my entire life I stood up for myself. I wasn't going to let him walk over me.

If I was going to die soon I beter make my resting time worthwhile.

Heavy chapter no? I'm really excited for next chapter because Parker I getting a backbone. FINALLY!