◉chapter 7◉

Woah over the 2k reads! You guys are amazing!

The Black Death pack was coming and everyone knew it. Everyone felt it.

There was a nervous, yet exited atmosphere ruling over the pack house. The Alpha and Luna were incredibly stressed so everyone was tiptoeing around them. But of course no matter how hard I tried to avoid them they would still find me.

"Omega! Get you lazy ass over here!"

I sighed and dropped my spatula on the counter. Because the Black death pack was arriving today I was baking a cake. This was one of the few times I was able to do something I enjoyed and they just had to interrupt me. Wiping my hands clean on my apron I quickly made my way to the living room.

"Yes Alpha?" I looked down at the floor. There were at least fourteen pack members there and they were all staring at me like I was lower than the dirt under their shoes.

"Make sure you wear something decent, we wouldn't want our guest losing their appetite when you serve them dinner," the Luna told me while picking her nails.

I nodded and bowed. "Yes Luna."

She waved her hand. "Go finish your chores first."

I bowed once more before leaving the room. It had hurt when she said that, but then again I was used to it.

After finishing the cake and cleaning the kitchen I went up to my room to change. I hoped I still had decent clothes and shoes without holes in them to wear. The last time I had gotten new clothes was three years ago. And I didn't even buy them, the Luna had bought them on a flea market. Entering my room I walked directly to my closet, which was only three steps away from my door and opened it. I quickly pulled out a blue jeans and a white shirt and changed into them. When it comes to shoes I did not have much choice. I only had two pair of worn out white converse sneakers and black sandals. I decided on the sneaker with less holes in them and pulled them on. Then I went to my bathroom and winced when I saw my reflection.

To be brutally honest I looked like shit. No even worse.

There were two nasty bruises clearly visible on both of my cheeks and my lips were slightly swollen. I sighed and tried my best to comb my hair with my fingers. My hairbrush had broken a month ago or so and I had asked the Alpha for a new one. I learned my lesson. He got so angry and beat me to the point were I was not able to openen my left eye. I was just the Omega. Buying something for me would just be a waste of money he had told me. The same goes for clothes and shoes. I remember the last time I went into town there was a little shop with the cutest, white dress ever. The moment I saw it I fell involve with it instantly. But unfortunately some pack members had seen me staring at it and made fun off me. Saying how I would look like a whale in that dress and that if I would wear it everyone would stab a fork in their eyes so they wouldn't be able to see me. They were six year olds.

I smiled sadly in the mirror. Here I was again, pitying myself. I scolded myself and turned to leave my room.

I haven't seen Elijah today and I was wondering if he was avoiding me. Maybe I was too ugly to look at right now?

I scoffed. No, if that was the case he would have started avoiding me a whole lot sooner.

"Parker?" I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around immediately, putting my arms protectively over my head.

"I'm sorry," I yelled, squeezing my eyes shut and waiting for the blows.

"Shit, Parker it's just me. Harry."

I opened my eyes and looked at him, a bit embarrassed for acting so dramatic.

"You look nice," he complemented me.

I gave him a smile. "Thank you. You do too," I said.

It was true. He was wearing a baby blue shirt and a pair of brown pants. His blond hair laid in front of his eyes messily.

"I try," he joked. "No, because I'm the soon to be Beta I had to dress up. Order from the Alpha."

I nodded. "Yeah, me too. Everyone is so nerveus."

He shrugged. "Can you blame them? I mean the Black Death pack is scary. Most of the members are big, I-can-kill-you-with-my-little-toes sort of guys. "

"What?" I chuckled. "Have you actually ever met them?"

"No, only the Beta. I looked like a freaking stick- insect compared to him."

"Okay, now you're making me nervous."

He put his arm around my shoulders. "Don't worry, I'll protect you."

I gave him a not so soft push. But of course he didn't move an inch. "I can take care of myself."

He nodded. "There's no doubt about that." He said and started pulling me downstairs. "Come on. They will be here soon."

I looked down shyly as we entered the living room. Everyone there turned to stare at us but Harry gave them a glare and they turned back around. The Alpha and Luna were gone much to my relief.

"Let's go sit there." He led me to a small armchair and pulled me on his lap.

A blush crept to my cheeks and I laughed silently. "Not funny Harry, let me go."

"No," he told me and kept his arms around me firmly.

I jabbed him in his stomach, but he just laughed it off. When Elijah appeared in the room my eyes grew wide and jabbed him in the stomach again.

Harry shook his head. "No, you're staying right here."

"Harry, let me go," I hissed. Elijah still hadn't seen us. I elbowed him in his stomach with as much force as I could muster and he released me with a grunt.

Elijah looked in our direction just as I leapt of his lap. His eyes narrowed as they fell on Harry and me. He started making his way towards us, a dark look on his face when the Alpha's voice boomed through the house.

"They will be here in five minutes."

Everyone practically ran out of the room. Leaving me, Harry and Elijah behind.

"Come on," Harry said, trying to take my hand.

I pulled back and shook my head.

He looked at me confused, but then looked at Elijah and nodded. "Oh, allright. Let's go Elijah. Your dad is probably waiting. Parker you coming?"

He asked as he saw that I wasn't following them. I swallowed and nodded, glancing at Elijah from the corner of my eye. His fist were clenched as he walked towards the front door. Just as we were all outside we heard the roar of a motorcycle nearing. Both boys pushed their way trough the crowd, going to stand at the front. I stayed at the back. I couldn't see anything but I heard the motorcycle stopping and then the Alpha's voice.

"Welcome Thorn. Where is your Alpha?" I heard him question.

A loud, rough voice answered, sending shivers down my spine. "He will be arriving shortly. He had to make an emergency stop."

Just as he spoke the words I heard the sound of an engine and then suddenly all he pack members started whispering to each other.

I frowned standing on my tiptoes to see why. Then my eyes fell unto a small, thin guy around fifteen years old. He had long black hair that fell in front of his thick, nerdy glasses.

When, who I guessed was Thorn from Harry's description, spoke everyone stared at the little guy like they had seen an alien.

"Alpha," Thorn said, bowing in respect.