◉ Chapter 28 ◉

"Are you hungry or anything? Or do you want something to drink?"

I shook my head at Lorcan's questions and sat down at the bar stool. "Lorcan, I--" I started but trailed off, not knowing what question to start with. 

He frowned and sat down in front of me. "What's wrong? Are you hurting somewhere?"

His worried tone made me feel strange. He cared about me, but I didn't know how to feel about that. It was a strange feeling, being cared about. A frown appeared on my face as well. How was I able to feel this feeling? I haven't felt like this since the doctor had told me about my broken heart. What was wrong with me?

"Parker?" Lorcan asked, now leaning over the table until he was able to put his hand on mine.

I pulled my hand back and clasped them together. "What exactly happened at the border? I mean, I remember being attacked and then I blacked out."

Lorcans concerned expression changed to a nervous one. He scratched the back of his neck and looked anywhere except at me. "I don't know if I should tell you this right now."

"Tell me what?" I shook my head, confused. "Something happened didn't it? I don't know how to explain it, but I feel different."

He looked me in the eyes, now curious. "What do you mean you feel different?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, it feels like I'm able to feel... more. I know it doesn't make any sense. But there's something else."

"What?" He leaned forward on the table again. "You know you can tell me right? I'm here for you."

I nodded and gave him a small smile. "I know. But it's going to sound weird."

"I can deal with weird. I mean we're werewolves."

Now I looked away. "I know, but... It's just so strange. You are going to think that I'm insane."

He shook his head. "I won't. I promise."

"I can hear a voice inside my head." 

When a minute of silence had passed, I was so nervous that I had to look at his expression. He looked sad. 

"Is it bad?"

Lorcan looked me deep in the eyes. "Parker, you know hearing a voice inside your head is normal for werewolves right? It's your wolf talking to you. We all have that."

I swallowed. "I didn't know. I completely forgot what a wolf feels like. Or what it feels like to have one, to be one."

Lorcan his expression changed from a sad one to an angry one. "I can't believe they did this to you. Not being able to shift is a horrible punishment for a werewolf. But it seems like you just lost your wolf. I can't even imagine what that feels like. Bubbles. I don't even want to imagine."

I shrugged. "I'm still alive. So it can't be that bad." He replied, but I was too distracted to listen to what he was saying. I clearly heard a voice. But I hadn't heard from my wolf in years. Basically not since the first time I shifted. 

Was that voice my wolf? But how was that possible? I haven't shifted in so long. Why now?

Because it was necessary.

A gasp left my lips. Lorcan was at my side in an instant. He put his hand on my shoulder. "You heard it again didn't you?"

I looked at him and gave him a nod. "How is this possible?"

"Don't ask me. Ask your wolf." 

"How do I do that?" I questioned. I had no idea how to communicate with my wolf. I didn't even know my wolf.