◎chapter 8◎

The small guy straightened his back and nodded at the audience surrounding him. Then he walked towards his Beta and Derek confidently. He shook the Alpha his hand and then Jack the Beta, Elijah and finally Harry's.

Derek turned to look at us. "Good evening everyone, this is Alpha Lorcan of the Black Death pack and his Beta Thorn. Please make them feel welcome. We will be going to my office now. Enjoy the rest of your evening."

Lorcan waved and smiled at the pack, but Thorn's face remained stoic as he looked at us. I noticed he stood incredibly close to his Alpha, almost protectively. Harry was right though. Thorn looked incredibly scary. He had short, dark brown hair and piercing grey eyes. His tattoos were clearly visible thanks to his tight, black tank top. He looked like one of those guys you would not want to meet in an ally after midnight.

Slowly the pack began to leave and I decided to follow them. Dinner had to be made and Harry wouldn't be able to help me this time.

When I finished cooking, I heard everyone in the dinning room so quickly filled the tray and walked to the dinning room. Derek sat at the head of the table. The Luna besides him and on the other side Lorcan. Thorn sat next to him and then Harry. Elijah sat next to his mother.

I kept my head down as I walked towards them. The Alpha was always to one to be served first so when I set the plate down in front of him I didn't expect him to start yelling at me.

"You stupid Omega! Did you not see the guest sitting there? You serve them first!" he yelled and raised his hand.

I closed my eyes. Waiting for the blow. But then the most unexpected thing happened.

"Stop."

Although my eyes were closed, I knew for sure everyone in the room froze at the strong, authoritative voice. Including the Alpha.

I slowly opened my eyes. Turning my head I looked at Lorcan surprised. Why had he stopped him?

"It's okay," Lorcan said, looking the Alpha in the eyes. "It was just a small mistake. I'm sure she won't do it again."

She.

I couldn't help but let my eyes water slightly. He called me a she. Not an it.

Bowing, I apologized. Ignoring the Alpha as he threw me a nasty look, I served the rest and just as I was about to leave the voice that saved me from an extra bruise called me back.

"Wait, what's your name?"

I turned around, opening and closing my mouth like a fish. "W-what?" I stuttered with wide eyes. First he saved me and now he was talking to me? Did he know I was an Omega. Did they treat their Omega like this too?

"Your name? What is it?" he repeated, smiling at me softly. From close by he didn't look like the small guy I thought he was when I first saw him. He looked older, more experienced in life. Like he had gone through things no one his age should have gone through. Although he couldn't be older then me.

I felt all eyes on me, including my mate's as I blushed and answered. "P-parker."

"Special name for a girl," he stated with a smirk.

"I could say the same," I huffed. I had never even heard the name Lorcan before.

The moment those words left my mouth I immediately regretted them. I wasn't allowed to speak so freely to an Alpha. Now he would realize I was just an Omega and I didn't deserve kindness. A scowl with appear on his face and he would regret ever stopping the Alpha from hitting me.

Surprising me again he laughed. "Yeah, I don't know what my parents were thinking when they chose my name."

I smiled at him and then squirmed nervously as I realized all eyes were still directed towards me.