◉ Chapter 26 ◉

"Parker, stay behind me," Elijah commanded and stepped in front of me.

"Yeah, great idea, it's not like they aren't behind us either," Lorcan said sarcastically after glaring at the wolves surrounding us.

"Will you shu--" Elijah was interrupted by Thorn.

"Parker, how far until we are at the border?"

I pointed at to a small forest at the end of the field. "There is the border."

The pack members were now  growling viciously at us while coming closer. 

"Elijah and I will hold them off while you and Lorcan run. We will follow afterwards," he continued and crouched lower to the ground, getting in defense mode.

"What? No, I'm not leaving you behind," Lorcan replied, while glaring at Thorn. 

Thorn just glared right back. "We're not going to argue about this again. Just do as I say."

"Do as you say? Hey, I'm still your Alpha."

Thorn just kept on glaring and didn't reply. 

"Bubbles, fine. But only because I wan't to protect Parker," Lorcan muttered and crossed his arms.

"We don't have time for this," exclaimed Elijah and stepped closer to me. His eyes remained trained on the nearing wolves. "You guys have to shift. You're faster in your wolf forms."

I shook my head. "I can't."

"What?"

"I can't shift. I haven't shifted in years. I don't even feel or hear my wolf," I explained, feeling a bit ashamed. I was a worthless wolf.

"What?" growled Lorcan furious. "You can't shift? You're a wolf but you can't shift?"

I swallowed at his angry tone, but I wasn't afraid. I knew his anger wasn't directed at me. "I haven't been allowed to shift for years."

"What the bubbles!" snarled Lorcan enraged. "You weren't allowed to shift?" He turned to Elijah and marched toward him. "You kept her from shifting? Do you know what happens when you can't shift, you worthless piece of a mate? You lose your wolf! You begin to disconnect!"

Lorcan was livid. His eyes were pitch black and his body was shaking.

"I didn't know," whispered Elijah shocked as he looked at me, not even spearing the enraged Alpha next to him a glance. "I really had no idea. Oh God Parker. I'm-"

"Oh cut the sh*t!" shouted Lorcan.

And then everything blew up. Lorcan pounced on Elijah and at the same time the other wolves attacked us.

A scream left me as one hit my side and I fell to the ground. I tried to get up, but before I even moved an inch, a big brown wolf leaped at me. Just as he tried to bite down on my throat, another wolf threw him off me. 

"Run Parker!" someone screamed at me. As soon as I got upright I started running towards the border. But there were two wolves right behind me and I knew I couldn't possibly outrun a wolf.

I pushed myself to go faster, but it had no use. Another pack member crashed into my side and I slammed into the ground. My face planted into the grass and I felt too dizzy to get up immediately. Someone growled angrily and I felt paws press down on me.

"Parker!" 

I writhed around, trying to get him off me. The weight on top was so heavy I couldn't breath. My ribs felt like they were going to break. My vision started to go black as it felt like I was being choked. I heard a lot of growling and angry snarling. And then suddenly the weight was lifted off me. 

"Parker!" I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and then I was being turned around. Someone pushed me on my knees and I started gasping for my breath. 

"Come on Parker, just breath in." My vision started to return and slowly Harry came into view. 

"Harry," I gasped as I saw the hopefully just unconscious wolf lying next to me. "Why are you helping me?"

He got up and pulled me along with him. "I'm on your side Parker, don't you know that by now?"

"Thank you," I said, still a little choked up. The rest was still fighting and only more and more pack members started to appear. "We need to help them."

Harry shook his head. "I'm sorry Parker, but you aren't strong enough to help. You just need to get across the border. You will be safe there. Lorcan's pack will be waiting for you." 

"Won't the other wolves follow me?" 

Again he shook his head. "They won't dare to attack on another pack's territory."

I nodded. "Yeah, okay." And before I knew it, he had swung me across his shoulder and started running. 

A scream left my lips before I could stop it, he just took my by surprise. A few wolves started to follow us and even though Harry was fast, he was faster in wolf form. So he put me back on the ground and shifted. A large black wolf appeared in front of me. He nodded with his head, meaning I had to climb on top of him. 

But before I was even able to take a step forward. Two wolves trapped us. One attacked Harry and the other sprung forward, his mouth wide open and canines aiming for my throat. I let my body fall to the ground, trying to avoid it. But it had no use, he landed on top of me and took another go at my neck. The wolf growled and I felt its drool spill all over me. 

"Parker!" 

All this screaming made me feel even more helpless. I tried to fight the wolf of with all my might, but it was completely useless. I was just too weak. The wolf swung with his paw and I felt the nails dig into my shoulder, scratching all the way up to my neck.

I cried out. I was used to pain, but this was unbearable. It only got worse when his other paw lashed put as well, scratching from the other side. It felt like my throat was being ripped out. My neck felt warm and I know the blood was gushing out. He could just leave me laying there for a few minutes and I would probably die from chocking on my own blood or from blood loss.

A furious growl echoed trough the field. 

I cried out again as the wolf clamped his jaws down unto my shoulder, right into the wound. 

Oh God, I was going to die.

No, you're not.

I felt too drowsy to realize the voice came from inside my head. My vision was incredibly blurry, so I wasn't able to see clearly what was going when the wolf was pushed of me. I felt my body heat up and move. Pain coursed through my body. It was excruciating. So my body did the only logical thing. The pain made me pass out.

A/N: So first of, I'm going to try and update more frequently. Second, the comments you guys left recently made me want to write and update again, a feeling that was sort of missing before. Third, if you don't like this book, just don't read it. I know my characters are frustrating and far from perfect, but hey, it's my book. But don't worry, all will be fine in the end... Or will it?