◉Chapter 16◉

"Oh God, what if I stutter or something?" Harry blabbered nervously and glanced at me in the mirror. 

I stepped in front of him and smiled reassuringly. "Don't worry. I'm sure you'll do fine," I told him as I straighten his tie. 

"Thank you," he said and stepped back. "Do I look okay? Should I wear my new black fancy shoes?" 

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "Harry, relax. You look very handsome."

"Yeah Harry, you look so hot," drawled Lorcan and rolled his eyes.

I smacked the back of his head and gave him a glare. "Shut it, I bet you were incredibly nervous when you received the Alpha title."

Lorcan shrugged. "I got it, there wasn't really a ceremony. The Alpha has to be alive to pass the title."

Not knowing how to respond because I couldn't bring myself to feel sorry for him, I grimaced. "Lorcan..."

He shook his head. "I'm over it. Besides, we have to focus on Harry here. Who by the way looks like he is going to pass out."

I glanced over at Harry and wasn't surprised when I saw he indeed looking like he was going to pass out. 

"Harry, would you relax please," I muttered and sighed. "You look as white as a vampire."

Harry his eyes snapped over to me and he glared at me. What looked incredibly comical considering he was sweating and shaking. "Don't joke about vampires. They're a seriously dangerous kind."

Lorcan snorted and sat down on Harry his bed. "Yeah right. Besides nobody has seen one in like, what 500 years? I bet they are extinct."

"Vampires are immortal, you idiot," Thorn drawled from the corner of the room, where he had sat quietly the whole time.

My eyes grew big as I turned to look back at Lorcan, expecting him to lash out at Thorn for insulting him, an Alpha. So I was surprised when Lorcan just pouted and turned to look at a poster of a model hanging on the wall while grumbling something about Thorn always being a smart ass.

It was silent for a while until a knock was heard on Harry's bedroom door. 

"Come in," Harry yelled and nervously tugged his tie again, while glaring at himself in the mirror.

The door opened and Elijah appeared. His eyes roamed over the room tiredly, but stopped when he saw me. His eyes widened a bit, but he didn't say anything. He licked his lips before looking at Harry. "The meeting starts in ten, be ready," he said and then looked at Lorcan. "My father has requested to see you, now."

Lorcan nodded and stood up. He gave Harry a nod, kissed my cheek and started to walk towards the door, but halted when he heard Elijah growl.

Not understanding at all, why Elijah was growling I tilted my head side ways to look past Lorcan, who was blocking my view of my mate. 

Elijah was giving Lorcan a death stare. 

"Hey, what did I do?" he asked Elijah and looked confused from me to Harry, who just shrugged. 

It took a moment from Elijah to calm himself. When he finally was he shook his head, a indifferent look in his eyes. "Nothing. My father is waiting," he told Lorcan and then moved out of the way. 

Lorcan nodded and passed him, before disappearing down the hall, Thorn right behind him. When the way gone Elijah turned to Harry. "I'll see you in ten. Good luck." He didn't even glance at me after he said that and just left the room. 

Harry blew out his breath and shook his head. "That was weird," he murmured.

I didn't say anything, but glanced at myself in the mirror. A frown appeared on my face, when I saw my disheveled appearance.