xxɪɪ: ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴀɢᴏɴɪꜱᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴡᴏʀᴋ, ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪ'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ʙᴇ ᴀɴ ɴᴘᴄ

I'm not sure why playing a lyre can summon a huge wind dragon that had been terrorizing the city in a few seconds flat, but I'm also not sure why the human body wants lettuce instead of ice cream so I'll let this one slide.

I leaned my shoulder onto Aether since I was already getting tired of standing.

The ground under us suddenly started to shake which made me jump slightly in surprise and quickly glance up at where Venti was standing. Just as I did though, a huge dragon flew up into the sky in front of the boy. 

I stared dumbfounded as the dragon started to speak to Venti and Venti spoke to it too.

'Wait, wait, wait. Da-balin is a dragon?'

Suddenly something shot the lyre out of Venti's hands and onto the ground.

'Really?! It took like two whole days to fix that lyre and now it's broken?! Just like that?!'

And then suddenly a weird flying rat came up from behind Da-balin and started to talk in some foreign alien accent with a strange echo added to it. It started spewing out some crap about Venti wanting the dragon dead and not caring about him which made Da-balin get all angry and stuff before flying away.

'.... Well that went by quicker than I thought it would.'

-Timeskip-

So it has been about a week now since that whole flying rat and the air bender dragon problem but apparently no one cares about saving the dragon anymore since no one has brought it up to me.

I was currently sitting in Dawn Winery a ways away from Mondstadt complaining to Kaeya and Diluc about my problems. I had come here because at this winery there is maids and they all are so nice to me and offer me food and blankets and constantly ask if I need anything! Plus it feels like I'm powerful when they all listen to me.... but that's not the point! The point is for me to complain to Diluc and Kaeya about my boy problems.

"And ever since then I haven't seen him again which is disappointing since I expected him to be back and tell me who turned me into a sheep person by now since he kept spouting out all of that crap about him being the greatest detective in the world and stuff." I explained to the duo with a huff as I leaned against the counter in front of me. 

"Hm. Well maybe he was trying to impress you by telling you how great of a detective he is." Kaeya said with a shrug as he looked at me. "Well he still shouldn't have pushed Elmer out of his chair." I stated as I made eye contact with Kaeya. 

"Ah, well it seems you don't like him very much." The navy haired male said to me, his words almost sounding like a question. "Well he did promise me to do something for me and hasn't come back yet." I then saw Kaeya grin which made my expression shirt into a confused one. 

"What's got you so happy that your using your 'creepy pervert' looking grin?" I asked as I raised a brow. 

Kaeya suddenly grabbed my chin with that weird smile still on his face before whispering, "Oh nothing~ Nothing at all~." My expression changed into a blunt straight faced one as I stared at the pirate looking man before me. 

A hand suddenly came into my peripheral vision as grabbed Kaeya's wrist connected to the hand that was holding my chin. 

My eyes wandered over to the person and say Diluc holding Kaeya's wrist with a slight glare. 

"I don't think I heard Y/n ever give you the permission to touch her." Diluc said, his eye contact with Kaeya and glare never breaking. 

Diluc and Kaeya stared at eachother for awhile until the silence was broken by another voice. 

"Y/n!" I turned my head over which made Kaeya lose his loose grip on my chin.

I saw Aether running over to me with a small smile and Paimon quickly trailing behind him.

"Oh hi Aether." I said with a small wave directed towards the blonde male.

Once he got over to where I was I was taken completely by surprise when the blonde suddenly embraced me in a hug. I stiffened quickly and stayed like that for a minute before I slowly started to relaxing into the touch. 

He then let go of me before quickly saying, "I'm sorry I haven't been able to talk to you in awhile... I had a lot to do with helping Lisa, and then I met this girl named Xiangling, and I also had to unlock a Tri-Seal and-." I placed one of my hands on top of the blonde's head which shut him up real quick before saying, "Aether. It's fine."

Aether blinked before nodding at me.

"Diluc." Aether said as he looked over at the red haired male. "I wanted to talk about that... problem again with Jean and some others." Diluc quickly got the hint as he nodded. "I see."

-Timeskip-

So now were beating up one of those flying rats? I don't even know how I ended up getting here- but I somehow am sitting on a rock next to Venti watching the others beat up a flying rat.

Aether had dragged me outside to follow him and Diluc and I guess no one cares about Kaeya since we just left him there by himself. He'll probably flirt with one of the maids when he gets bored. But then Venti and Jean were there too and then they started talking and a bunch of stuff and boom now we're here.

I watched as Aether dealt the finishing blow to the flying rat. It started letting out a bunch of unholy screeching sounds before it finally shut up and turned into dust. 

Venti's blinked as he stared at the dust that used to be the Abyss mage before hopping up off of the rock and going over to the others. He paused just as he was about to reach them and turned around running straight back over to me. Venti gabbed my hand and pulled me up from the rock which made me let out a surprised yelp. He then ran back over to the group still holding my hand.

Venti stopped in front of the group and looked down at the flying rat's past body. 

"Huh. What's this....? After the Abyss Mage was defeated a certain energy dispersed from it's body. It seems like that energy was being used to cit off the connection between me a Dvalin." Venti said with a hum. He then glanced up at Aether before saying, "Aether, do you know of Stormterror's Lair?"

Aether though for a second, trying to come up with a clue for it before saying, "Nope." 

"Hm. Even if you don't Jean and Master Diluc are no doubt aware of it. Y/n might know of it too but seeing as she didn't know who Dvalin was I doubt it." He then started to explain to Aether about what Stormterror's Lair was and it actually helped me a bit too to know what he was talking about. He then started to talk about breaking some kind of barrier and meeting Da-balin? I just kept quiet and listen into the conversation despite my confusion. I thought we had already tried meeting with this dragon guy and it didn't work?

But if I brought it up then it would take more time and I just want to get all of this over with....

Weall then started to walk off to the so called Stormterror's Lair? Eh, I guess I'll just follow the crowd.