xxxᴠɪ: ʀɪᴘ ᴘᴀʟʟᴀᴅ(ɴᴏᴛ)

I shoved the Sigil of Permission back into my pocket and shot Xiao a glance.

"Why were you so scared of him then?" Paimon questioned once again, making me sigh and I looked back towards the flying fairy. "Because when he woke up, he chased me." I responded with a sigh. "He chased me out to this balcony and I had to jump off." Aether eyes widened rapidly at my words. "What?" He spoke up, his face tense with worry. I waved him off. "It's fine, I'm alive aren't I?"

Xiao crossed his arms over his chest, still staring me down like I had murdered his family and gotten away with it. 

"To be honest, I can't really remember what happened after I fell though." I shrugged, making Aether furrow his brows together. "What?" Paimon questioned, tilting her head to the side in confusion. "Are you deaf? I said I can't remember what happened after that." 

The fairy thing paused, processing those words for a moment as she thought. "Why would you not- wait don't insult Paimon!" 

I rolled my eyes and glanced back at Xiao. "You saw me jump didn't you? How didn't I die?" The emo didn't answer me and he instead just stared with that glare on his face which was starting to get boring to look at. At least he has pretty eyes.

I was about to open my mouth to throw a sarcastic insult at Xiao but I paused. If I made him even more angry with me, then he'd probably never tell me how I ended up surviving. 

I mean, I wasn't really dying to know, but since he's resistant to tell me, it spiked up my curiosity.

Xiao then looked over at Aether. "I don't know what you require, but it'd be wise not to mess with adepti matters." I blinked and in a second, the boy had vanished, leaving some weird little wispy teal and black leaf looking things in his spot.

I paused.

'He can teleport...?'

I pressed my lips together tightly as I currently questioned some past events.

'Why didn't he teleport away from me then when I forced him to sleep? Maybe he was too distracted?'

I sighed and shook my head side to side, focusing on reality instead of my thoughts once again.

Paimon's annoying whines filled the silence after a moment as the fairy stamped her foot multiple times in the air. 

"Darn it! He left!" It pointed out the obvious and I stared to regret focusing on reality again.

Paimon the looked over at me and harshly pointed, causing me to lift up a brow. "You scared him away Y/n!" I blinked. "What?" "Paimon knew you should have waited downstairs!" The thing didn't look happy (which wasn't my problem) as it continued to ramble.

"Hold it, I should have waited downstairs? You're the one who annoyed him with your high pitched squeal of a voice into leaving." I spat, making Paimon gasp dramatically, both of her hands raising up to her mouth. 

"That's it! Paimon is done with the rudeness!"

Suddenly Paimon came darting right for me like a torpedo, making my brows raise up in slight surprise before I extended a hand out, stopping the girl right away as I held the top of her head. She continued to swing her mini arms and legs at me, making many useless attempts to try and land a hit. "Take that, and that, and this!"

Long story short, she ran out of breath about a minute later.

"P-paimon... wins..." She muttered in between deep breaths before completely passing out.

My eyes widened and I quickly held out my other hand to catch the fairy girl before she could hit the ground.

I sighed before shifting the child(?) in my arms and holding her like a baby with her chin rested on my shoulder before turning to look over at Aether.