Chapter 7- Suspicious

"How did you find it today?" Taneya asks as she's in the pod.
"It was nice. Your dad has good skills. I see where you got it from" Aonung replies.
"Heyy, my mother was good too" Taneya reminds him.
"Only the best" Aonung replies.

"About yesterday. I'm happy you shared your feelings with me. I don't want you to hide anything from me" Taneya says.
He nods, "I know. And I wont."

As they're talking, Neteyam walks in, holding Aromì's son, Tsekey.

"Are you guys forgetting something?" Neteyam asks.
Taneya and Aonung look at each other confused. But then you see the realisation on their face as they both looked shocked at each other, "our brother and sisters are back!" Aonung says.

"Tsireya has already told the people. Let's go!" Neteyam says and runs out.
-
Taneya is swimming underwater and she goes to her tulkun.

Since living there for a long time, she got herself a spirit sister. Taneya names the tulkun after her Ikran, Ionia.

How are you sister? Taneya signs.
I am well. You look very happy Ionia days back.
I am happy and well. My baby is well too Taneya signs back.
That's good. I am happy for you Ionia says back.

Taneya's father then swims towards her.
Taneya looks at him and back at Ionia, this is my father she signs.

Taneya looks at Ionia with a smile.

Taneya says goodbye to Ionia, before going to meet Aonung's tulkun.

Here she is Aonung signs to his tulkun.
Taneya waves at him, I am so happy to see you she signs.
I congratulate you for your baby the tulkun replies.
Thankyou. I am very happy Taneya signs back before moving close to Aonung, giving him a side hug and resting her head on his shoulder.
-
"How do you know what they are saying?" Tsekey asks Taneya as them two, and Aonung are sitting down in the pod, eating.

"You learn the language. It is complicated but once you learn, it helps you communicate better with them" Taneya says.

"It is nice. Seeing everyone excited and happy" Aonung says.
"Of course. We all deserve it" Taneya replies.

Taneya's siblings, and Tsireya walk in.
"What's wrong?" Taneya asks.
"We just wanted to spend time with you" Neteyam comes and sits down, holding Aromì's baby.

"Where is Aromì? You've been holding her all day" Aonung says.
"About that" Neteyam scratches his head, "she left."
"Oh. Why?" Taneya asks.
"It doesn't really matter if she left really" Lo'ak says.

"I wanted her to leave once she was safe and able to take her baby" Taneya says.
"She said she will come back once the fight is over" Neteyam says, "she left so that they could not track her and find Tsekey"

"It's so confusing. Two people with the same name" Kiri says.
"Come. Let's eat everyone" Taneya says.

"Taneya, let's speak a moment" Aonung says.
She nods and they walk out the pod.
-
"Aromì. She seems a bit dodgy do you not think?" Aonung asks.
"Why? What do you mean?" Taneya replies.
"She leaves her baby with us and disappears with a note. But then she comes back. And then she goes again. I don't know it just seems weird to me" Aonung says.

"Now that you mention it. I mean we did say that she can stay we never told her to go back" Taneya says, "but Neteyam said something about how she didn't want them to find her."

"What if their close. What if she knew that they were close. Instead of telling us, she ran" Aonung says.
"But she would not go without Tsekey if that was the case" Taneya replies, "I'm worried she is in some kind of trouble."

"Maybe we should get some others to do a search. Try and find her and see if there is any other fire people here" Aonung suggests.
"That is a good idea" Taneya agrees with Aonung's idea.

"But I want you to stay here. To look after Tsireya and everyone else for me" Aonung says.
"What? But I can't let you go on your own" Taneya grabs onto his arm.
"I am afraid that you will get hurt Taneya. Please, stay here. Look after those who I am keeping here" Aonung says.
She thinks for a moment and then nods her head.

"What are you guys doing out there?" Kiri asks.
"We're coming" Taneya replies and then whispers to Aonung, "come" before taking his hand and walking back into the pod.
-
As everyone is going to sleep, Taneya and Aonung are still up.
"I will go by sunrise. And I know you will be asleep so I will not wake you" Aonung says.
"But I wanted to see you before you go" Taneya replies.

"Taneya I will be fine. I need you to trust me. I am going with a couple of others so I won't be alone" Aonung says.
"I know but I will worry and miss you. Please at least let me see you before you go" Taneya pleads.

He cups her cheek, "when you ask me like that, how could I ever refuse."
"Thankyou" Taneya thanks him.
"Don't worry yourself too much Taneya. I don't want anything bad to happen to you whilst I'm gone" Aonung says.

"I'll try not to" Taneya makes no promises.

"Hey, did you notice how Kiri was worried about Rotxo after we told them about going tomorrow" Aonung says. 
"She did seem to be a bit worried about him. But it's probably because that's her friend" Taneya says.
"Or maybe" he gives Taneya a cheeky smile.
"Maybe. But let's not go into it too much. That is between Kiri and Rotxo" Taneya says.

"Taneya, when did you become so mature?" Aonung asks.
"When? I've always been mature" Taneya looks at him shocked.
"That's why you argued with me about losing the necklace" Aonung reminds her.
"And then we made a baby. Mature" Taneya shrugs her shoulders.

Aonung laughs, "I actually have something for you."
He sits up and reaches somewhere near his side of the pod. Taneya sits up too.

He turns around with another seashell necklace.
"I told you, nothing will replace the original" Taneya frowns, "although this does also look very pretty."

"You're not going to accept my hard work? I put all my flesh and blood into this" Aonung teases.
Taneya rolls her eyes, "fine. I will keep it. Because you're leaving me tomorrow."

"Come, let me put it on you" Aonung says.
She turns around, facing her back towards him, and moves her hair onto one side so he can get a better look at tying it.

As he's tying the necklace, he uses one of his fingers to brush it gently against her neck.
"Aonung stop. You know it tickles. And I can't laugh whilst everyone's asleep" Taneya says.

"Alright I'll stop" Aonung rolls his eyes.
Once he finishes tying it, he moves closer to the back of her neck, says something and blows on it before giving her a kiss.

"What did you do?" Taneya asks.
"Just something to keep you safe" Aonung says and kisses her again on the back of her neck.

She turns to look at him, "I love you."
Aonung smiles, "I love you too, my Taneya."
-