Chapter 9- Connected

Taneya joins her siblings, who are sat outside near the ocean.

"You were out like a light when I came in to find you" Lo'ak says.
She smiles but stays quiet.

They all look at each other.
Kiri then goes to Taneya, holding her hand, "how are you feeling?"
"I don't know. Scared? My gut is just telling me something is not right Kiri. I need him back. I need my Aonung back. Here. So I can see him and know he's okay" Taneya says.

"He will be okay Taneya. Aonung is strong" Neteyam also tries to encourage her.
She looks up and sees that Tsireya is also worried about her brother.

"I am not the only one who is worried" Taneya says and points her eyes to Tsireya.

Lo'ak cups her cheek, "hey what's wrong?"
"Last time he went to the reef he almost died" Tsireya reminds them.
"Hey. It's going to be okay. He has other people with him" Lo'ak hugs her.

But hearing those words, Taneya began to worry. A lot more than she should.
As she tried standing up, Kiri saw she was struggling so she helped her up. But then stopped her as she seen her walking towards ocean.

"Taneya what are you doing?" Kiri asks.
"I have to go. Tsireya is  right last time he almost died" Taneya replies.
"Taneya you are pregnant. You must stay here. We promised Aonung we'd keep you here" Kiri replies.
Neteyam then stands up and walks to them.

"Taneya, we won't let you go" he says to her.
"You have to. Please. You don't understand, I can't. I can't lose him please" Taneya pleads.
Suddenly, she falls to her knees as she holds onto her stomach, "argh!"

"Taneya!" Kiri bends down to check on her.
"Taneya what's wrong?" Neteyam also bends down to her.

She doesn't respond but begins to groan in pain as she continues to hold onto her stomach.
"You don't think?" Neteyam looks to Kiri and back to Taneya's stomach.
"No she still has another month to go" Kiri replies.

Tsekey is seen running out.
"Taneya! Daughter what is going on?" He runs to them.
"She panicked because she was thinking about Aonung and then" Kiri tries to explain but Tsekey cuts her off.

"Her panic caused her baby to panic too. Come, lay her down" Tsekey says. Kiri and Neteyam lay her down.

"Daughter it is okay I am here" Tsekey says.
"Please. I have to go" Taneya replies.
"Taneya please, stop thinking about Aonung. Just for a little while. It is hurting you and your baby" Neteyam says.

Tsekey looks around until he comes up with a solution.
He says something and blows onto his hand.
"What are you doing?" Kiri asks.

Tsekey cannot respond as he's trying to help Taneya.
He then placed the same hand he blew on, onto her head. He closes his eyes and behinds to mutter a few words, that hand still on her head and another on her belly.

Neteyam and Kiri looks at her stomach, seeing that the baby is kicking her frantically. But watches as it dies down slowly. Taneya begins to breathe slowly.

Tsekey looks up and takes a deep breath before letting go of her head and belly. Taneya's eyes begin to close and she falls asleep once again.
"Aonung has done something like this before to her. What is it?" Kiri asks.

"I know. Aonung had given her his peace. I am Tsahìk. I had to do something to stop her because if she is like this then imagine what could happen to Aonung right now. Their bodies are very much connected together. He will go through the same pain" Tsekey explains to them.
-
Aonung and the rest of the search team are making their way back on their Skimwings, with a prisoner. 
"Let me go!" Ayrà shouts.
"I'll let my wife decide what to do with you" Aonung replies.
"What, that stupid half breeding bitch?" Ayrà replies.