Chapter 14- Its Time

Taneya and Aonung are in their pod, when someone from the clan came running in.

"Sir! The prisoner! She's confessed something!" He shouts.
Aonung looks to Taneya and quickly stands up.
"Help me up. I need to come to" Taneya says.

Aonung helps her up and they walk to where Ayrà was kept locked up.
-
"Txep. He is the leader of our clan. And he will kill you and everything you love!" Ayrà shouts.
Taneya holds onto Aonung's arm, and he gently rubs onto her belly.

"I don't really care what happens to me. Either way you guys will die" Ayrà says.
"When are they coming?" Aonung asks.
She shrugs her shoulders.

He looks to one of the people, "kill her. She's no use to us."
"Wait!" Taneya stops Aonung.

"What are you doing?" He whispers to her.
She turns him around, "let me try something. If it doesn't work, you can kill her."
He nods his head, "hurry."

She runs off.
-
She walks into Neteyam's pod and picks up Aromì's baby.
"What are you doing to him Taneya?" Neteyam stands up.
"Don't worry I'm not going to hurt him. I just need Ayrà to confess" Taneya says.

"Are you crazy? She killed her sister. No doubt she'll kill her son too!" Neteyam shouts.
"Who said I'm going to put Tsekey alone with her? I'm not crazy!" Taneya says.

"At least let me come with" Neteyam says.
She sighs, "very well. Hurry."
-
Taneya comes back, holding onto Tsekey.

"Remember when I told you that your sister had a son. Look I was not lying" she holds up Tsekey in front of Ayrà.

"How do I know that's not just some random baby?" Ayrà says.
"Look at the mark on your wrist. And look at his" Taneya holds up Tsekey's hand, showing the mark. Which is the exact same on hers. It is something that all the family has. Taneya remembered Aromì telling her this.

"No. It is not possible. I only killed her because she came to you guys. She told me she was telling you the plan. She said nothing about a child!" Ayrà shouts as the guilt begins to overwhelm her.

Taneya gives Tsekey back to Neteyam, "take him out of here."

She then walks in front of Aromì, and takes out the note to show her.
"This writing" Taneya says.
Ayrà begins to scream.

"You killed her Ayrà. You! Her baby is now motherless and it's your fault!" Taneya shouts.
"No no no!" Ayrà shouts.
"I'm giving you a last chance otherwise they will kill you Ayrà. Tell me what Txep is planning to do!" Taneya shouts.

"In 3 days!" Ayrà blurts out.
She breathes heavily as she begins to cry, "they plan to arrive in 3 days. At dawn."
Taneya's rage in her eyes soften as she begins to calm down.

She then looks to Aonung, "they can kill her. Get more information out of her. Torture her. I do not care for her."

"Please please" Ayrà sobs, "I didn't know she had a child. No."

Taneya looks at Ayrà in disgust and walks out.
"You heard her" Aonung says and walks off.

"I'll give you more information don't kill me. Please!" You can hear Ayrà sob.
-
"You're going to kill her?" Neteyam asks.
"They can do what they please" Taneya replies.
"She's Tsekey's aunt. The closest family that he has. I don't think we should kill her" Neteyam says.

"You admitted yourself how she killed her sister. She will not hesitate to kill him too" Taneya says.
"Yes but I thought we bought her here to get answers and change her mind about us not kill her" Neteyam says.

"She killed her own sister!" Taneya shouts.
"Okay that's enough" Aonung holds onto Taneya's belly, calming her down.

"Im not angry. I'm just shocked. That Neteyam would think to keep her alive" Taneya says.
"I just think once he grows up, he'd wanna be familiar with one face at least" Neteyam replies.

"You have been taking care of him for a long time Neteyam. You are now Tsekey's family" Taneya says.
-
Taneya walks to her father, Tsekey's pod and sees him packing some stuff.
"Where are you going father?" Taneya asks.
He looks at her and walks to her, "I'm not leaving I'm just going back to the forest to see everyone. I heard that the fire people will be here in three days so I need to help gather everyone."

"But father, you've given your three lives. You only have one left, do not risk yourself" Taneya says.
"My daughter. Look how many years I have been living. Do you think I will go that easily?" Tsekey says.

She shakes her head. "Father. You said you are Tsahìk. How?"
"I am not Tsahìk technically. But I have learnt the ways of looking after people. It was how I repented for when your mother had passed" Tsekey says.

"Repented? Father, that was not your fault" Taneya says.
"I believed it was. So I asked Eywa to help me repent. And she gifted me with the qualities of a Tsahìk. I could not help your mother. But I was able to help other people" Tsekey says.

Once he's done packing, he gives Taneya a hug.
She hugs him back.
"Please look after yourself father" Taneya says.
"You too daughter. I will see you soon" Tsekey replies.

-
Taneya and Aonung are sat at their pod.

"Ah" Taneya says as she holds her back.
"What is it? Is it the baby? Are you due?" Aonung asks.
She looks at him and smiles, "no Aonung. My back just hurts."

Aonung is very cautious because he knows she is to be due any day now.

"If anything happens remember, you tell me and we get a dr here. Straight away" Aonung says.
"Relax. I'm fine" Taneya replies and laughs.

He looks at her and then turns the other way.

"Could you pass me that" Aonung points to his knife that is laying on the side.
Taneya does not respond.
"Taneya?" He turns around and sees her holding onto her belly in pain. 

He runs to her, "what's wrong? What's happened?"
"Maybe. Maybe you're right. I think it's time" Taneya says, when she feels and even worse pain making her scream.

Someone from the clan walks in after hearing her scream, to make sure she is okay.
Aonung looks to them, "get a Tsahìk. Quick!"
They nod and run back out.

"Taneya it's okay I'm here" Aonung rubs her belly.
"I know. I know" Taneya replies and controls her breathing.

But she feels even more pain, "argh Aonung!"
She holds onto his arm tightly, and rests her head on it.

He kisses her fourhead, "it's all going to be over soon. I promise."
The Tsahìk runs in, holding a bunch of things.
"Sir I will have to ask you to leave" She says to Aonung.

He nods, but Taneya won't let go of his arm.
"Aonung" she begins to cry.
"The Tsahik is here Taneya. I will be right outside I promise" Aonung gets up to leave.

As he's stood outside the pod, Taneya's siblings come running.

"What's going on?" They asks.
"Well, you're about to meet your niece. Or nephew" Aonung replies.
-