Chapter 12- Proud

When Taneya and Aonung get back, everyone seems happy and at peace.

"It's nice. Seeing everyone calm and happy" Taneya says.
"Yeah it is" Aonung replies.

Kiri then walks to them, "how's the baby."
"It's good" Taneya replies.
Kiri smiles at her sister and then looks at Aonung and frowns.

"Kiri" Aonung calls out.
"Aonung" Kiri crosses her arms and looks back at her.

Taneya holds onto Kiri's hand, "it's okay."
"You're lucky she loves you" Kiri says to Aonung.
"Kiri. It's fine" Taneya says.
"Well, the rest are waiting for you both" Kiri asks.

"Why? What's happening?" Taneya asks.
"Come. You will see" Kiri holds onto Taneya's arm, taking her to Taneya and Aonung's pod.
-
When Taneya walks in she sees her friends and family standing there. Neytiri and Jake too.
"Surprise!" They all shout.
"What are you all doing here?" Taneya asks.
"You got pregnant and didn't even tell us?" Neytiri says.

"I wanted to surprise you and come with Aonung but" Taneya says and Neytiri nods, knowing what Taneya is referring to.

Neytiri then looks to Aonung.
"How are you?" She asks.
"I've been better" Aonung replies.
"I'm sorry about your parents. And Leìna" She pays her respects to him.

He nods, "Thankyou."
Jake then comes to give Taneya a hug.
"It's good to see you" he says.
"It's good to see you too" Taneya replies.
He gives his greetings to Aonung too.

"I'm glad to see you all here" she says and then holds onto Aonung's hand.
She looks at him and he looks at her and smiles. But she can see something is wrong.

"Let's all eat" Neteyam says to them.
-
Aonung is sat outside the pod on his own.
Taneya comes to look for him and finds him.

"Aonung? What's happened?" Taneya comes to him and sits down next to him.
"Nothing. Everything is fine" Aonung replies.
"Aonung. Tell me" Taneya says.

"I'm happy for you. You have your family. Your parents. I have no one" Aonung says.
"Aonung that is not true, you do not have no one. You have me" Taneya says.
"I know, but it's not the same Taneya. I want my father here. My mother here. Leìna here. I want to see them and see that they are happy for us too" Aonung says.

"I know" Taneya says.
"You don't know. You have your family here" Aonung replies.
"I didn't have a secure family like this straight away. I know what it feels like but I'm not saying it about me. This isn't about me, this is about you. I'm saying that I know you are sad. I know you want your parents here. But I just want you to know I am here for you too" Taneya says.

He nods, "I think I should just call it an early night. You enjoy it. Have fun with your family" Aonung says.
"Aonung, you are my family too" she emphasises on the you, "if you want to call it an early night then that's fine. I will too. I would not stay here without you."

She holds onto his hand, "we are going to become a family soon. Me, you, and our baby. You are my family, always. My parents see you as one of their own. My father, Tsekey, he enjoys being with you and spending time with you. You are our family too. You will never be alone Aonung."

He smiles and then sighs, "I just feel like the past few days haven't been great."
"I know. But it's okay. Because we have each other, right?" Taneya says.
Aonung nods.

She hugs him, "come on. Let's eat something, and then I'll send everyone out. It will be just the two of us."
Aonung stands up and helps Taneya up.

As they're about to walk to the pod, they see Lo'ak, Neteyam and Kiri stood outside, Tsekey stood behind them.

"Aonung. We are sorry" Kiri says.
"What for?" Aonung looks confused.
"After you and Taneya had argued with each other we got a bit out of hand and were horrible to you" Lo'ak says.

"We understand that you were worried and hurt but we didn't take it into account when we said what we said to you. So, we apologise" Neteyam says.

Taneya looks to her father Tsekey.
He looks back at her and smiles.
"Thankyou" she mouths to him.
He nods back to her.

"It's fine honestly. I think we've all been having a rough couple of days" Aonung says, forgiving them.
"I love you guys, but Aonung is my husband. Yes I was mad at him for what he said. But you have to remember, we're married. Marriage comes with a lot of problems" Taneya says.

"I know. And we know that now" Neteyam says.
"Right all of you, back inside" Tsekey says, getting them back in.
He then looks to Aonung.

"I will let you guys talk" Taneya says and walks off.

"Son I'm proud of you. So proud of how you have kept yourself together" Tsekey says.
"I'm a chief. I have to" Aonung replies and smiles.

"You don't have to hold that position in front of me. It's okay" Tsekey says.
Aonung's shoulders drop, "I just really miss them."
"I know. I know what it feels like to lose those that you love. Do not give up son, you are a great Chief. A great leader, an amazing husband to my daughter, a good brother to your sister and overall, a great person. So have faith, and do not give up" Tsekey says to him.

"Thankyou" Aonung says and tears begin to fall out his eyes.
Tsekey pulls him in for a hug, "I am proud of you son."
-
Aonung and Taneya are laying down next to each other, getting ready to sleep.
"Let's hope tomorrow will be a better day" Aonung says.
"Hopefully it will be. I have a surprise for you actually" Taneya says.
"What is it?" He asks.
"Well I can't tell you now. You have to wait for tomorrow" Taneya replies.

He nods.
"I still have the new necklace you gave me by the way" Taneya says.
"So you kept it" Aonung asks.
"Yes. I was mad at you so I took it off. But" she takes it out from underneath her top, "I kept it near my heart."

"You are the sweetest" Aonung rubs his nose against hers.
As he moves away, Taneya smiles at him, "I am very proud of you Aonung."

He looks shocked.
"I am proud of the man that you've become. I know you do not see it often and you doubt yourself" Taneya says.
"How do you know?" Aonung asks.
"Our bodies are connected. I can feel what you feel. And also, I can tell from the look on your face" Taneya replies.

He sighs, "I can't even hide anything."
"Good. You are my husband therefore, I will do everything I can to keep you happy. Everyone is proud of you. Grown up to be a chief like your father" Taneya says.

He shakes his head, "my father was a lot better."
"Aonung. Do not be hard on yourself. You are a good leader, the people love you, my family love you. I love you. The baby loves you" Taneya replies and then places his hand on her stomach.

He feel her stomach getting warm. Meaning the baby felt safe and happy by Aonung's touch.
He smiles and goes down to kiss her stomach, before moving back up to kiss Taneya.

"This family is our fortress" Taneya says and smiles.
Aonung nods his head and then goes back for another kiss.

"We are proud of you son. We are."
-