Chapter 25

A lot had changed and a lot had stayed the same since Taneya had left.

Aonung had to lead on his own, meaning making decisions on his own for the people, without a second opinion from anyone.

"No. We cannot just let Payakan stay here Lo'ak" Aonung says.
"But he's my brother" Lo'ak replies.
"The reasons why Tulkun do not live close to us is because they're so many of them. If they all stay near, they won't have any space to move around. Look how big they are" Aonung replies.

"So you're saying Payakan is fat?" Lo'ak says.
Aonung shakes his head and slaps it in the palm of his hand, "Lo'ak I do not have time for this."

As for Taneya. To begin with, it was quite rough for her.

"No. No" Taneya says as she shakes her head in her sleep.
She screams and sits up, waking up from her dream.

"Taneya? Is everything okay?" Taìn asks, who is laying in his own hammock.
"I'm fine. Just another bad dream" Taneya says, slowly laying back down.

But things got better as time went on, for both Aonung and Taneya.

"You did it Ninat! High five!" Aonung says to her, holding his hand up waiting for Ninat to slap it.

He's been teaching her how to ride a baby ilu. And she finally did it.

Ninat giggles and high fives him, "I did it!"
"And momma's going to be very proud when she finds out. Come here" Aonung says and lifts her up.

Ninat giggles as he holds her up, throwing her up into the air and catching her
-
"I have one question" Taneya says to the Tsahìk of the forest. 
"What is it Taneya?" She replies.
"Why did I not get my own peace. Everyone else got theirs" Taneya says.

"Taneya. Majority have their peace because they were bought up differently. With parents. You were bought up by your father, but he didn't have his own peace either. So neither did you. Once the Sully's adopted you, you gained a bit of peace, but it was not enough to be yours. So your mother Ninat, had gives you through Eywa" Tsahìk says.

"But now you have managed to find your own peace here" Tsahìk says.
"I have?" Taneya's eyes light up
Tsahìk nods.

"It's time" she says to Taneya, "you have found your peace. You are ready to go back."
-
1 year later

It is late, and everyone is getting ready for sleep. Aonung just finished reading a story for Ninat.

"Father" Ninat calls out.
"Yes beautiful?" Aonung replies.
"When is mamma coming back?" Ninat asks.
"She will be back soon. We just have to be patient" Aonung says.

"Do you miss her? I miss her" Ninat says.
"Of course I miss her. But remember what she said to us?" Aonung reminds her daughter.
"Do not think of her too much" Ninat replies.
"And keep each other safe and happy. Come on, it's time for bed now" Aonung says, getting her tucked in ready to sleep.

He kisses his daughters fourhead, before leaving her to sleep.

Aonung then lays down on the other side of the pod, where him and Taneya would sleep.
He keeps Taneya's hair clip next to him.
Aonung holds onto it, laying on his back and holding it up, "goodnight my Taneya."
-
It's the next morning. Everyone is up and out and about.

Aonung had taken Ninat to the reef, to talk to Ronal and Tonowari, through the spirit tree.

"How are you son?" Tonowari asks.
"I am good" Aonung replies, "I have had better days."
"You miss her" Ronal says to him.
"Every day. I'm starting to think she might not ever come back" Aonung says.