Chapter 2

Author's note: There is a little nod to "Red & Blue" on this chapter for those of you who have read it 😁

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"I can't believe you were that stupid" Ella laughs.

"Thank you for the compliment" Mila says, taking off her boots.

"Unless you do want to kiss Rúben..."

"I don't want to."

"Then why did you say yes to Bruno's idea?"

"Because he was being very annoying and I wanted to enjoy my last day of holidays in peace."

"But we are going to win the League!"

"Yeah, sure" Mila chuckles. "All our rivals have great teams, they are way better than us. It's going to be impossible."

"Exactly!" Ella says. "We are gonna be the underdog, and that's why will win!"

"If you say so..."

"I do. And City is definitely going to win too. If they struggle, someone will help them."

"Ella!"

"It's the truth and you know it" she shrugs. "So you better start thinking about where and how you are going to kiss Mr. Dias."

"Wait, wait, wait, you are going to kiss him?" Lessi says, sitting next to Ella. "Did you finally realize that you are in love with him?"

"I'm not in love with him" Mila says, rolling her eyes.

"Of course you aren't" Ella says, she and Lessi laughing.

"I should have signed for Arsenal."

"Ha!" Ella laughs. "You say that because you don't know Leah. She is the annoying one, not Bruno."

"Her best friend wouldn't be dating Mount if it wasn't because she was constantly talking about him and telling her she was blind" Lessie says.

"But she was actually blind. Everyone could see there was something going on there."

"Oh my God, I can't believe you just said that" Ella says, both her and Lessie laughing again.

"Whatever. I'm going to take a shower."

"And think about that future kiss?"

"Fuck you, Toone" Mila snaps, showing her her middle finger while they keep laughing.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Nah, mate. After saying yes to that, you can't keep telling me you don't fancy Mila. You just can't."

"I said yes just so Bruno would shut up."

"And because you want to kiss her and see if there actually is something there" John insists.

"I don't" Rúben says.

"Then why do you keep going on dates with girls who look like her?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Check the photos of the girls you've been out with lately. Of the girl you are seeing tonight. They all look alike."

"Maybe because I have a type?"

"Yes, and your type is your best friend, the one you want to kiss. Probably more than just kiss."

"Shut up, John" Rúben says, picking up his things from his locker. Maybe all those girls look alike. And maybe they do look a bit like Mila. But just a bit.

"If you get mad it's because you know I'm right."

"Whatever. See you tomorrow."

"One last thing, tho..."

"What" Rúben says, rolling his eyes

"Remember to call your date by her name and not your bffs" John grins, Rúben answering by showing him his middle finger before leaving.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Here she is, the future league winner!"

"Feliz Natal, Bruno" Mila says when she walks into the party he is throwing at his house.

"Where is that bff of yours who also happens to be at the top of the league?"

"If he hasn't arrived yet, he probably still is at City's Christmas party" she says.

"Oh, yes. Bernardo said that they may be a bit late."

"I truly hope you are not bothering her already with your nonsense, she just arrived" Bruno's wife says.

"Was I bothering you?" he asks Mila.

"Not yet" she replies with a smile.

"Whatever" he says, rolling his eyes and leaving Mila and his wife alone.

"Ignore him. How are you?"

"Good, I'm good. You?" Mila asks.

"Hoping everything works out tonight."

"It will. You throw the best parties, and the house looks beautiful."

"Thank you" she says. "Though you should be careful about where you sit or stand when Rúben arrives, because Bruno has put mistletoe everywhere to catch you together and make you kiss."

"Really?"

"Really" she chuckles. "But come, I'll show you where he put them so you are ready."

"Thank you very much, you are the best" Mila says, linking her arm with hers.

"Anything for you."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Finally!" Mila says when Rúben shows up.

"Missed me?" he asks with a cheeky smile.

"Dearly. Why did it take you so long?"

"Jack" he sighs.

"Oh... I see. You don't need to tell me anything else, I'll probably see it tomorrow online."

"For the team's sake, let's hope you don't. I've brough you a gift, tho" he says, getting some chocolates from his pocket. "They are your favourite."

"Aww, Rúben, thank you!"

"Can I get a hug in exchange? I had to steal them from Rodri, and if he finds out..."

"Of course you can" she says, throwing her arms around his neck.

"Feliz Natal, bff" he says, hugging her a bit tighter.

"Feliz Natal" Mila replies, feeling her cheeks get warm for some reason.