Chapter 26

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Finally!" Mila says, letting herself fall on the bed. "I thought we weren't going to make it."

"Same" Rúben says, lying next to her. "We should have chosen Ibiza instead of Croatia for our holidays. Less trouble."

"Ibiza is boring. And seeing our luck today, I'm sure we would have had the same problems" she laughs.

"Probably, yes."

"I'm gonna text my mum and tell her we made it safe and sound. What was the Wifi password?"

"Luka Modric ten, the L and M with capital letters, the ten with numbers."

"That guy got so excited when he recognized you. Rúben Dias, oh my God!" Mila says, typing on her phone. "You always are so cute with all the fans."

"Because I am cute" he says, hugging her the same way she always hugs him, with an arm and a leg over her.

"You actually are, yes" she says, turning her head to kiss him. "Oh, wow."

"That good was that kiss?" Rúben laughs.

"Idiot" Mila chuckles. "I was talking about my notifications, they are going wild. I have like... twenty missed calls from my agent. A few from yours. And so many texts from... Literally everyone."

"That's odd."

"Very" she says, her phone ringing on her hand. "Oh, remind me to change my ringtone. I hate it."

"But I picked it for you!" Rúben says.

"Exactly" she smirks. "Hey, what happened?"

"Finally, Mila! Where the hell have you been?" her agent asks her over facetime.

"Having a really bad day. Our flight from London got delayed twice, then we missed the car that was driving us to the town where we are staying, the one we managed to get had problems with a tire... We literally just made it to the house."

"And why was your phone turned off?"

"Oh, that's another problem we've had. Our data isn't working, I'm using the house's WiFi."