Chapter 22

Author's note: Next Tuesday's chapter... 👀

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Good morning, Mila."

"Morning."

"Are you... Making breakfast?"

"I am indeed" she says. "It's my way of saying thank you for putting me to bed last night."

"I couldn't leave you on the sofa. And you kind of were glued to me" Rúben smiles.

"I can't remember that. I was asleep" Mila shrugs.

"Yeah... You were" he says, still smiling. "Anyway, what are you making?"

"Your usual avocado toast. And I got you your ginger shot too" she says, putting the little bottle in front of him. "I don't know how you can drink that."

"It's good for you."

"Seeing the faces you make when you drink it, I'm not so sure."

"It is good. Look at how healthy and strong I am" Rúben says, flexing his biceps and making Mila feel her cheeks get warm.

"I actually think you drink it so you can be around the house like this and don't get sick."

"Like this?"

"Shirtless, Rúben. Since we started living together, I think I've never seen you having breakfast with a t-shirt on."

"Are you complaining?" he asks with a cheeky smile.

"Whatever" Mila says, turning around and moving to the fridge to hide that, this time, she is properly blushing, something he would definitely be able to notice.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"What are you doing at the door?"

"Watching" Mila says.

"I thought we were going to train together. Burn those chocolates, you know?"

"You have to burn them. I ate one, and I eat some chocolate every day. It's part of my diet, I don't need to do anything" she shrugs.

"Not even some stretching from falling sleep on a weird position?"

"You have a very comfortable shoulder. But I could do with some yoga, yes. I'm gonna see if I left any work out clothes in my room" she says as she leaves the gym. When she moved to her own place, she left some clothes and random things at their apartment. Rúben didn't mind that she used it as some sort of storage room.

After getting changed and going back to the gym, Mila can't help but stare at him. He's resting next to one of the machines with his back to her, and in a position that asks for his butt to be slapped. That, or for a photo. Or both, to be honest.

"What are you doing?" Rúben asks her when he sees her in the mirror.

"Taking a photo to put it on my stories. After the one with the chocolates, we need to make sure Pep knows you are burning them."

"Does he follow you?"

"Nope. But his daughter does. She knows Manchester is red" Mila says, putting her phone down and picking a mat.

"Manchester is red..." Rúben repeats, shaking his head.

"It is and you know it" she replies, lifting her arms and bending down.

Now Rúben is the one staring. Since when is yoga this... Sexy? He's seen people doing those same moves many times before, and he's never felt anything. But seeing Mila arch her back during the cat cows, and the way her butt is popping out, is making him think of things they've done and...