Chapter 7

"Home sweet home" Mila says, letting herself fall on the sofa and taking off her shoes.

"Home sweet home" Rúben says, sitting next to her and doing the same.

After they both won the League, they went out to celebrate first with their teammates and then with their families, who had flown from Portugal. The past three days had been the longest ever, and even though Mila had enjoyed every second of it, she couldn't wait to get home and just relax.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" she asks Rúben, resting her head on the back of the sofa.

"You look beautiful tonight."

"You already said that when we met at the restaurant" Mila chuckles.

"Just in case you had forgotten" he shrugs, also resting his head on the sofa. "Winning suits you."

"Does that mean that before winning the league I was ugly?"

"You've never been ugly. According to Diogo, I was the ugly one."

"Diogo" she snorts. "He knows nothing. You've always been handsome and only got better and better as you've got older." Which wasn't a lie. He was aging like fine wine.

"Am I hot, then?" Rúben asks, lifting an eyebrow.

"Very hot. But you don't need me telling you that, you see it every morning when you look at yourself in the mirror. And every afternoon. And at night. And before going to bed. And..."

"Are you calling me vain?"

"Just a teeny tiny bit" she smirks.

"I'm not the one who gets changed three times before going out."

"That's not being vain, that's being indecisive."

"Yeah, sure" Rúben says while trying not to smile, making her focus on his lips for some reason.

"We should kiss" Mila blurts out.

"What?"

"The deal we have with Bruno. We both won, we have to kiss."

"Oh, that" Rúben says, feeling a bit disappointed. She is just thinking about the deal they made, not about actually kissing him because she wants to. "How do we do it?"

"You've kissed people before, you know how it works" she says with a cheeky smile.

"That's not what I meant and you know it" he says, bumping his shoulder against hers.

"I'm sorry, I just love teasing you way too much" she replies, now being the one who bumps her shoulder against his, making both of them laugh.

"We have to film it or Bruno won't believe us, so I guess someone will have to hold the phone."

"You are more into selfies than I am, you should do it."

"What? Have you seen your Instagram profile? Your stories? Mila, you are the one constantly posting selfies" Rúben laughs.

"Whatever. But your arm is longer than mine."

"Ok, fine. I'll do it" he says, rolling his eyes.

"Grab your phone, then" Mila says. But he doesn't move. He just keeps looking at her, both of them still resting their heads on the back of the sofa, their shoulders touching. He could stay like this forever, being this close to her, getting lost on her eyes. "Rúben, didn't you hear me?" Mila says again, still looking at him, noticing how close he is. But he could be closer. She wants him to be closer.

And as if he was reading her mind, Rúben closes the small space that was left between them, kissing her, making her feel like the world has stopped and it's just his lips on hers, his hand cupping her face.