Chapter 27

"Bruno, can you please stop looking at me like that?"

"How?"

"Like that!" Mila says, moving her hand in the air. "What is wrong with you?"

"I just don't get it. You are dating, right? Like, officially."

"We are, yes. Didn't you see us making out on The Sun?" she chuckles.

"I did. But you are behaving the same as before. There is nothing different."

"You all said we were already behaving like a couple. Why should we change?" Rúben shrugs.

"He's right" Bruno's wife says.

"Yes, but... I don't know."

"Now that you got what you wanted, you don't like it. Make it make sense" Diogo laughs.

The whole "Portuguese gang" has been in Ibiza for a couple of days already, enjoying some time together before the pre-season starts like they always do. At first everyone's eyes were on Mila and Rúben, checking every move they made, cheering if they kissed or held hands. But now, they all have gotten used to it. All, except for Bruno.

"If you want us to be all over each other to make if feel more real, we can do it" Mila says, giving Rúben a mischievous smile.

"Eww, no" Bernardo complains. "I had enough having to hear you last night."

"We didn't do anything last night" Rúben says.

"Then why did I hear her moan your name, uh? Were you playing chess?"

"He was actually helping me get out of the dress I wore last night because the zipper broke" Mila explains.

"Is that how you call it now?" Diogo chuckles.

"The dress she wore last night did have a zipper" his girlfriend says.

"Then why did you moan his name?" Bernardo asks.

"I wasn't moaning, I was complaining because he was pinching my skin and breaking the dress. Which is how it ended, broken. I'll show it to you when we make it back home."

"He could have broken it while getting you of it before he... Ouch!" Diogo says. "What was that for?"

"Do I really need to say it?" his girlfriend tells him.

"It hurts, you know?" he says, scratching the back of his head.

"Good" she replies with a big smile.

"I didn't break the dress, just the zipper" Rúben says. "And she sounds different when she... Ouch! What did I do now?"

"You look prettier when you don't speak" Mila smiles.

"See? Couple behaviour" Bernardo says to Bruno.

"Yeah... But it still feels weird" he replies.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Rúben, mate!" someone calls behind them when they leave the restaurant.

"Please tell me it's not him" Mila whispers, hiding her head on his chest.

"Shh, he's coming" he says, trying not to laugh. "Hello, Jack."

"Hello mate" Jack replies, hitting him on the arm. "And hello there, Mrs. Dias."

"That's Rúben's mum."

"But you are his girlfriend, right? Like officially now. So you are his Mrs."

"Whatever makes you happy, Jack" Mila sighs.