Chapter 9

"So... Aren't you two forgetting something?" Bruno asks Rúben and Mila.

He's managed to get the whole "Portuguese gang", as he likes calling themselves, at Bernardo's house to have dinner one last time before everyone goes their own way for the holidays.

"I don't know what you are talking about" Mila says, her hopes of getting away without Bruno mentioning his favourite topic of conversation, gone.

"What about you, Rúben?" he asks him.

"Nothing" he shrugs.

"Oh, c'mon" Bruno complains, rolling his eyes. "The kiss!"

"Oh, that" Mila whispers, suddenly finding a loose strand on the sofa very entertaining.

"Do we have a video?" Diogo asks.

"Nope" Rúben says.

"You haven't kissed then?"

"We have not."

"Then you must do it. Now."

"Bruno..." his wife warns him. "Let them be."

"Why? We made a deal!" he says.

"But can't you see that something has happened?" she whispers.

"They've been acting very weird since they arrived, that's true" Bernardo adds.

"Did you argue?" Diogo asks them.

"We didn't argue" Rúben replies.

"Then what happened?"

"Oh, nothing, Diogo. Just that before we left the house, Rúben couldn't resist it and he ate me out on the dining table because I apparently looked too beautiful, making the fact that now you all want us to kiss, even more awkward" Mila says to herself.

She knows they won't be happy with just a peck, they'll ask for a proper kiss. And she also knows that, if that happens, she won't be able to hold herself and they'll kiss like they always do, like they need the other to breathe.

And their friends aren't stupid, they will definitely know something is going on. Something that, besides the fact that she isn't able to say no to having sex with Rúben, will only put more pressure on her and on trying to figure out what the hell does she feel for him. On what she wants.

"Seriously, guys. Let it be" Bruno's wife says. "You've clearly made them uncomfortable."

"But it is just a kiss!" Bruno protests.

"Ok, fine" Mila says, grabbing Ruben's chin, making him face her and kissing him. It isn't a proper kiss, but it isn't a peck either, so hopefully that'll be enough for them. "Happy?"

"In the slightest" Bruno says, crossing his arms over his chest. "What do you think, guys?"

"I think they could do more" Diogo shrugs. "Girls?"

"I think you all are annoying as hell" his girlfriend says.

"Thank you" Mila replies.

"If we give you a proper kiss, will you finally leave us alone? Do you promise that you will stop?" Rúben asks.

"Promise" Bruno says, moving his hand to his heart.

"Promise" Diogo says, doing the same.

"Alright then" Rúben says, getting up from the sofa and offering Mila his hand.

"This is a mistake" she whispers as she gets up.

"Are you ready?" Rúben asks.

"Ready!" Bruno says, his phone on his hand.

"Then let's get this over with" he says, grabbing Mila's face with both hands and kissing her.

At first it feels like a normal kiss, nothing different. But then his thumb brushes against her cheek, and the control Mila had, is gone. She kisses him back with more passion, with more need. And so does he. When her hands move to his chest, grabbing his shirt and pulling him closer to her, his do the same, moving from her face to her waist, pulling her even closer to him.

"Holy shit" Mila hears Bruno say when they finally break apart. Her hands are now around Rúben's neck, their eyes fixed on the other, both of them panting a bit. "You've definitely kissed like that before. Definitely."

"I'm pretty sure they've done more than kissing" Diogo chuckles. "These two are already fucking!"

"What?" Rúben and Mila say at the same time, looking at him.

"Don't look at me like that, you know it is the truth" he shrugs. "That's why you were being so awkward around each other today, because you were afraid we would notice."

"That's stupid" Mila says with a nervous laugh.

"Is it?" Diogo insists.

"Are you... Are you guys..." Bruno's wife asks. "I mean, it did look like that wasn't your first kiss."

"But it was" Mila says.

"Ha!" Diogo laughs.

"It was" she repeats.

"That's what you say. What about you, Rúben? Is it true that this is your first kiss?" Diogo asks him.

"It is, yes."

"Liars! Bruno, say something. I'm sure you don't believe them either."

"I don't know if I believe them or not, but that was the hottest kiss I have ever seen" he replies.

"Bruno!" his wife says, hitting him in the arm.

"What? Aren't you turned on? Like, not even a little bit?"

"Oh, God" Mila says, rolling her eyes. "I'm going home."

"Running away because we discovered your secret?" Diogo asks with a teasing smile.

"Fuck you, Dalot" she says, grabbing her bag and leaving.

"Mila... Mila, wait" Rúben says, following her.

"I want to be alone."

"Let me drive you home."

"I said I want to be alone, Rúben."

"But..."

"Alone" she says again without looking at him, his heart shrinking a bit. "I need to be alone."

"Will you at least text me when you make it home? Tell me that you are ok?" Rúben asks her, moving his hand to grab hers. But she avoids his touch, making the feeling on his chest almost painful.

"I will" she says, opening the door of Bernardo's house and leaving.