Chapter 15

Author's note: Half way there 👀

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Remind me again why I said yes to this?" Mila asks her agent.

"Because it is a great opportunity. One doesn't get a Women's Health cover, and on her own country, every day."

"Yeah, yeah..." she sighs.

After a really tough beginning of the season where they've had to play against the best teams on the league, and somehow coming out alive from it, her agent had presented her this deal, suggesting that it was a good way to relax and forget about it all. Mila had always enjoyed photoshoots and had lots of fun doing them, but this one was different. She wouldn't be posing on her own, she would have a partner. And that partner was Rúben.

The Portuguese issues of Women's and Mens' Health had decided that they wanted them both on their covers. Each of them would have an individual one, but also a shared one, and she couldn't say no to it when everyone knew they were best friends. What excuse will she give them, that she couldn't do it because they were falling in love with each other and things had gotten awkward between them?

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Ok, so this is how it is going to work" the photographer says. "We will start with Rúben while you Mila get ready since it takes you a bit longer, and then while he changes, we'll take your photos. We'll mix you both so you are ready and feeling more relaxed for the photos together."

"Sounds good" Rúben says.

"Ok" Mila mutters.

When they met at the studio, they somehow managed to make it look as if they had seen each other the day before, no one suspecting that it actually had been weeks, and that they had only spoken through texts messages. Because not even their agents knew what was going on between them.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"How is it possible that she looks even more hot now than before the summer?" Rúben's agent whispers to him while they watch Mila work in front of the camera. She had always been a natural, and watching her move was almost hypnotizing.

"Careful with what you say."

"Sorry, sorry" his agent laughs. "You know I've always fancied her. But sadly, she doesn't feel the same."

"Yeah" Rúben whispers, his eyes following every move Mila makes and thinking that it is actually true. She looks way hotter than the last time he saw her for more than just a few minutes, and he wouldn't mind helping her take off the few clothes she was currently wearing.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"God, summer suits Rúben" Mila's agent says to her while they watch him pose. It had been a while since she had seen him topless, and he may look even better than she remembered. "Do you know if he is seeing anyone?"

"What?"

"I don't know, I thought I may shoot my shot" her agent shrugs. "I wonder if that's the way he looks at you when is about to..." but Mila doesn't hear the rest. She is too focused on the way he is tying up his joggers, on how low they are on his hips, on the way he is looking at the camera. He had looked at her like that before, and just the thought of it was making her feel very hot despite only wearing a crop top and a pair of shorts.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Mila, I'm gonna need you to move closer" the photographer says. "Yes, that's perfect."

They had been shooting together for just a couple of minutes, but they both couldn't wait for it to be over. Being this close, wearing barely any clothes, and touching the other, was torture.