Chapter 4

"Good news?" Rúben asks.

"The best" Mila says, a big smile on her face. "Marco got us tickets for the Måneskin concert!"

"I thought there were no tickets left."

"There weren't. But he somehow managed to get them."

"Maybe since he also is Italian..."

"Maybe" she laughs, back to typing on her phone. To Marco, most likely.

Marco. He is one of the chefs that works for Manchester United, and they've been texting and going out for a while, but it isn't anything serious. Yet. He'll probably take advantage of this concert to buy her dinner, convince her to go to his house because it is too late to drive home, and...

"Rúben, are you ok?" she asks.

"Uh?"

"The light is green, and we aren't moving."

"Oh, sorry. Got distracted."

"Thinking about what? Or who?" she says, lifting her eyebrows up and down.

"Thinking about you and Marco making out and doing God knows what else" he says to himself. For some reason, and since she started seeing him, he hasn't stopped feeling annoyed when she mentions him or goes out with him. It had never been like this with any of the other guys she had dated, but since her birthday and the moment where he almost kissed her, something seems to have changed.

"It was just something that happened in training today, don't worry" Rúben lies.

"Ok..." she says, looking back at her phone, reading something that makes her smile. Something that Marco has probably sent her.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Ok, how do I look?" Mila says, doing a twirl in front of Rúben. "What do you think? You don't like it, do you? I'm gonna get changed."

"But I haven't said anything!"

"You didn't need to, your face said it all" she says, going back to her room.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"What about this? Does this look good for a concert?" she says, walking back into the living room.

"I guess" Rúben shrugs.

"You are so helpful" Mila says, rolling her eyes. "I have another option, wait."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"This is it, isn't?" she asks when she comes back for the third time.

"You look beautiful, Mila" Rúben says, looking at her from head to toe.

"Thank you" she replies. "But isn't this dress too short?"

"You have amazing legs, show them" he hears himself saying. He had thought that many times, but this was the first time he had said it aloud.

"I do, don't I?" she chuckles. "What about the shoes? Converse or Dr. Martens?"

"Dr. Martens are more on theme for the type of concert you are attending. And if your feet don't hurt..."

"Now that I finally broke them, they don't. Let me try them on" she says, running to her room, Rúben's eyes following her. The dress probably is a bit short, but honestly, who cares? She looks so good...

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Keys, wallet, id..." she mutters, checking her purse.