Chapter 30

Author's note: Rúben is wearing that outfit from the header at the end of the chapter. It is his way of showing Manchester United and Mila his support 😁

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

9 months later

"Ready?"

"As ready as one can be."

"You will be amazing, you'll see" Rúben says, caressing Mila's cheek.

"I am so nervous... What if something goes wrong?"

"Nothing will go wrong. And you know I'll be there supporting you."

"Ok" she says, taking a deep breath.

"Have you checked that you have everything you may need?"

"Yes."

"Double check."

"Why?"

"Mila, this is the most important moment of your life."

"Ok, fine. Phone is on this pocket" she says, showing it to him. "And passport on this one" she continues, also showing it to him.

"Good. Close the zipper, I don't want you to lose it."

"Yes, mum."

"Make all the fun of me you want. But this is your first Champions League final, I don't want you to miss it."

"I wouldn't miss it for anything in the world. I would swim to Spain if needed."

"There is no need to go that far" Rúben laughs. "But come here" he says, putting his hands on her waist and pulling her closer to him.

"There is no time for cuddles, Mr. Dias. My car should be here any minute now."

"I don't want cuddles. I want to dance."

"What?"

"Dancing" he smiles. "You are so nervous that you are making me nervous, and this has always helped."

"It has, yes" Mila chuckles, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Do you remember how we started doing this?"

"I don't, no. You?"

"Nope."

"Well, it doesn't matter. What matter is that it works" he says before making her twirl, Mila giggling like a teenage girl.

"Do you think we can do it? That we can win?" she says when her arms are once again around his neck.

"You can and you will. I believe in you, Mila. In you and the girls."

"You should come give us the talk before the game, you are pretty good at motivating people" she chuckles.

"I may motivate the others, but I will probably distract you."

"Because you are my super hot boyfriend?"

"Precisely" he says with a cheeky smile, hugging her closer to him.

"I love you, Rúben."

"I love you too, Mila."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Wait, wait, wait. I'm forgetting something" Mila says after the driver has helped her with her bags.

"What now?" Rúben says, rolling his eyes.

"This" she says before kissing him. "I love you you cheesy hot thing."

"I love you too" he chuchkles. "Now get that nice butt of yours on that car. There is a Champions League to be won."

"See you in Madrid?" Mila smiles.

"See you in Madrid, love" Rúben replies, his smile matching hers.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Who is a Champions League winner?" Ella yells.

"We are!" Mila and Lessi say at the same time.

"Who fucking score on a Champions League final?" Ella yells again.

"You did!" Mila and Lessi say, pointing at her before they start jumping, singing and screaming on the pitch. They had done it. They had won the Champions League, and it was the best feeling ever.

"I can wait to hug Joe and put my tongue down his throat" Ella says.

"Try not to choke him" Mila laughs.

"As if you weren't going to do the same with Rúben" she snorts.

"You both are disgusting" Lessi says.

"Meh meh meh" Ella replies before starting to sing again, other teammates joining her.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"See? Disgusting" Lessi says while she and Mila watch Ella and Joe kiss.

"If you were doing it, you wouldn't be saying the same."

"I have my doubts. But let's see if you are as disgusting as they are."

"Uh?"

"Your City boy is coming" Lessi smirks, nodding towards someone behind Mila.

"Fucking finally" she says before running towards Rúben and jumping at him, her legs wrapped around his waist. "What took you so long?"

"You looked so happy celebrating with the girls, that I didn't want to ruin the moment" he smiles.

"Aren't you cute?" Mila says before kissing him.

"Yeah... Disgusting" Lessi laughs next to them.

"Shut up, Russo."

"What was disgusting?" Rúben asks.

"Nothing, ignore her" Mila says, still on his arms.

"You were amazing tonight. You know that, don't you?"

"Really?"

"Really" Rúben says. "I'm so proud of you, Mila. You can't even imagine."

"Thank you" she says, feeling herself blushing for some odd reason.

"No, thank you."

"Me? Why?"

"Because you let me have you in my life, because you let me love you, and because you make me the luckiest man in the world by loving me back."

"That was so cheesy" she laughs.

"And the truth. I love you, Mila. I've always loved you, and I always will. You and only you."

"I love you too, Rúben. You and only you" she says before kissing him again, the sound of cameras flashing all around them. Some cheers too.

But she doesn't care. Like Rúben said, and as cheesy as it may sound, she's always loved him, and she always will. Because it's always been him, and it will always be him.

Her best friend forever.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

*aloped means eloped 🙈😂

━━━━❃━━━━ FIN ━━━━❃━━━━

Author's note: And we've made it to the end of Rúben and Mila's story! ☹️ Hope you liked this last chapter, and as always, thank you very much to everyone who has been reading and supporting this story. It means a lot! 💜