[0.12]

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅::]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

'LAST TO THE WINDOW.'

If you would've told me beforehand what the school day would have in store for me today, I would've stayed home

If you would've told me beforehand what the school day would have in store for me today, I would've stayed home. Looked after my sick father, barricaded us into our small apartment and hoped for the best.

But I didn't.

Instead I'm stuck on a second story window sill with a bunch of people I never thought I'd be seen with. Let alone fighting for our lives together. Forced to watch as our classmates so carelessly leap from the open window, splatting down onto the hard concrete below, all after one person.

Sim Jaeyun.

"Holy shit!" Jisoo exclaims. The infected who should've been dead, easily get up and run off elsewhere— as if they didn't just fall through a second story window.

"Oh my god.." I mumble under my breath at the gruesome sight.

The view from up this high is horrendous. With the leverage, I can see the infected have infested everything. They're In the football field, the parking lot, the gymnasium, everywhere. Some even look to be stuck under running cars that never made it out of the parking lot. I gulp before shrinking into the wall behind me, too afraid to look down any longer.

"Thank fuck you made it!" Haeun heaves, teary eyes fixated on the boy who crouches down below the open window.

Jaeyun was able to duck down just as the monsters jumped out at him, missing instead and falling out of the window— thankfully.

"Are you alright?" Haeun asks Jaeyun whilst glancing at him as far as she can without falling from the side of the building. "You didn't get hurt, right?"

"No, I'm fine." Jaeyun sighs, glancing at us as he carefully rises to his feet. He shuffles out of the way of the window, just in case any more monsters decide to jump out at him.

A beat of silence washes over everyone, and I can tell they've caught sight of what's below as well.

"Where do we go.. they're everywhere." Hyesun questions quietly, her tone conflicted. There's no place left to run. Nowhere to escape. No place that is safe.