[0.21]

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅::]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

'ROCK PAPER SCISSORS.'

It's been a day since the outbreak happened

It's been a day since the outbreak happened. A day since Izumi has eaten anything. Her stomach growls noisily and gnawing pangs of hunger wrack her body.

In a moment like this, she wishes she'd have eaten lunch yesterday.

Izumi looks around the wrecked classroom as Haeun continues to tinker with her ash-brown colored hair, pulling it into two braids behind her back.

"I feel you, Mi. I think my stomach is trying to eat itself," Haeun mumbles in annoyance.

Izumi nods as her eyes wander across the room. They're in Mr. Lee's classroom. Izumi can still see her name in red on the blackboard.

"Hey Izumi, Haeun," Naye acknowledges as she approaches the best friends, a small smile on her face.

"Hey, good morning," Haeun responds cheerfully, looking up from Izumi's hair to greet the other.

Izumi spares a glance at the classroom president. She forces a smile with a soft wave of her hand. "Hi."

Naye settles herself on the ground in front of Izumi, sitting cross-legged with a hopeful glint in her eyes. "I was hoping that either of you could braid my hair, too? It's hard for me to do my own hair."

Haeun beams at the girl, perking up in her spot. "Oh my gosh, we could make a braid-train!" She glances over Izumi's shoulder to peek at her, "What do you say, Mi?"

Izumi's eyes shortly widen at her best friend's proposal. She glances at Naye, who gives her a sheepish smile.

"Oh um, sure. I can do it," Izumi responds, taken off guard.

"Thanks," Naye responds and then sits in front of Izumi, her back facing the girl.

Izumi pauses for a moment, hesitant to touch the girl's hair. "One or two braids?" she asks quietly.