[0.19]

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

'VISIT FROM A ZOMBIE'

Many hours had passed

Many hours had passed. So many that if it were a normal evening, Izumi would have been making dinner for her father by now.

But she's not. She's stuck in a custodian's closet on an apocalyptic school campus with Yang Jungwon.

Things have been quiet between her and Jungwon since the scare— a bit awkward she could admit, but currently, they were both just trying to fight off the exhaustion.

After a while, Jungwon admitted he no longer felt the weak and out-of-control sensation he once felt. Izumi could confirm that he looked better. In fact, he looked perfectly fine.

It was weird to her how he didn't turn into a raging monster, despite having the symptoms and wounds for it. But now she guesses that it was just a false alarm. He must've simply felt weak from the amount of blood loss he went through.

It is silent in the closet, poorly lit— besides the outside light that creeps through the bottom of the door. The cellphone has been turned off, wanting to conserve its battery life.

Jungwon remains tied to the pipe, even though Izumi told him that it was unnecessary. He dismissed her offer, opting to play it safe for the both of them instead. He can't quite trust himself to be unrestrained around Izumi yet, still not understanding what his body had gone through or what any of it meant.

Izumi lolls her head against the wall, shrugging off what remains of her tattered cardigan. With the clothing removed, Jungwon can see the entirety of her damaged arms.

The bruise on her arm which he managed to catch a glimpse of earlier has increased in color. It's darkened to the point that he can see it even against the dim lighting.

He catches himself staring at her as pangs of guilt rush through him. If only he had gone back for her in time, she could have suffered less.

"Izumi," Jungwon calls out.