[0.25]

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

'LATE CONVERSATIONS.'

The night is calm and quiet, for once

The night is calm and quiet, for once. Yet, Izumi can't fall asleep as the nagging feeling of dread consumes her whole. She shuffles uncomfortably while her head lays atop her backpack, shifting right and left in an attempt to find peace.

She thinks about the words Danbi's father had said, wondering if they could really pull off surviving three more days in the school.

She sighs before sitting up in place, accepting the defeat of her failed attempts to sleep. She squints through the darkness of the room, eyes glazing over her classmates as an agitated hand runs down her face.

Everyone seems to be sleeping closer than the first night, she notices. Her eyes fall on Minseok and Insu, the two males entangled in a mess of limbs, Minseok snoring quietly. She's not sure if their position was meant to be intentional or not.

She looks beside her to see Haeun sleeping soundly with a blazer splayed across her body. Her palm is open and slightly outstretched towards Izumi, from when they had been holding hands to fall asleep. After she concluded that Haeun had dozed off, she released her grasp on her best friend's hand. Her palm began to sweat and felt clammy.

Suddenly, she hears the shuffling of someone stirring awake. She swiftly lays back down and pretends to be asleep.

A few minutes of silence pass and Izumi dares to open her eyes again. Her gaze almost immediately lands on a figure sitting on the windowsill, overlooking the night sky.

It's Yang Jungwon.

Izumi takes in the sight of the boy for a moment in silence, her eyebrows furrowing together. Her eyes land on his lips which are pulled together into a frown. She stays like that for a long moment, taking in the sight of his silhouette in the dark.

She runs a hand through her now braidless hair, shutting her eyes tightly and letting out a deep breath before rising to her feet.

Maybe if she has someone to talk with she'll fall asleep faster. Plus, friends talk all the time. And they were friends now, right? That's what Jungwon had called her, previously.