[0.22]

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅::]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

'MISSION GONE SOUTH.'

Broomstick in hand, and alert Izumi walks beside Jungwon, following closely behind Insu

Broomstick in hand, and alert Izumi walks beside Jungwon, following closely behind Insu. The piece of wood is clutched tightly in her grasp— muscles tensed and eyes peeled in every direction.

The hallway has been cleared of the zombies that previously tried to break in. Still, Izumi keeps her guard up as they near the first-floor stairway.

Getting down the stairs unnoticed seemed easier than usual, especially now that they're nearing the classroom where Danbi's so-called body lies, still not a zombie in sight.

"Alright," Insu clears his throat. "She should be in this room," the boy says as he discreetly slides open the filthy classroom door. Blood is splattered all across the tiles, smeared and spilled.

Izumi scrunches her nose in distaste because of the smell. She averts her eyes to Insu to not view the gruesome scene. She watches him walk up to a battered body lying across the floor.

Jungwon walks closer to the male, while Izumi watches as she blocks the door. "Is this.. Danbi?" he asks carefully, watching as he bends down to view the corpse.

"I had to do it," Insu replies, a blank expression written all over his face. "But I was too late. She bit Sujin before I could step in."

Jungwon nods with a frown, viewing the body. He'd never known Hong Danbi before the outbreak. Of course, he'd known of her existence— she has a huge reputation because of her father. He'd only seen her around school a few times.

But now he overlooks her deceased body.

She's barely recognizable. Half of her head is bashed in, blood trickling down her face that's still distinguishable. Her bones look bent in excruciating ways. Her eyes remain open, bloodshot red and diluted in an eerie way. Bruises and tears cover her entire body, gashes, and purplish veins.

It's crazy how fast things can change.

Jungwon places a hand on Insu's shoulder. "I'm sorry about Jang Sujin, and Hong Danbi."