[0.17]

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅::]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

'NOT GOING TO MAKE IT.'

"Mi, are you okay?" Haeun whispers worriedly to the shorter girl as she clutches onto her arm, noticing her dismayed state

Izumi merely nods and looks away from her best friend, pointlessly trying to hide her inflamed cheeks, eyes, and nose. She'd rather not talk about the sequence of events that happened back in the classroom with Yang Jungwon, but that's beside the point at the moment anyway.

Instead, she focuses on keeping an attentive eye out for her and the group's surroundings. She tip-toes behind Naye and Minseok, who follow after Jungwon as he leads the group down the second-floor stairway.

Ms. Min had ended her speech with her voice wavering near the end, signifying her tears. Thankfully, Jungwon and Izumi were able to catch up to the rest of the group before her voice was no longer heard over the PA system.

Currently, their goal was to get out of the main school building, and reach Jungwon's car where all ten of them would squeeze in together, then probably drive away and find the closest help they could find. It's a long shot, but what else can they possibly do in this situation?

"Okay.. It's just two sets of stairs.." Haeun mumbles to herself quietly, her voice slightly wavering as her grip on Izumi's arm becomes tighter by the second. Izumi comforts the girl by bringing up her other hand to place it over the one clutching her arm. She gives her best friend's hand a tight squeeze, sending her a quick smile as Haeun looks into her eyes and takes a deep breath in return.

One of the many cons of Ms. Min ending her speech is that the infected students no longer have a source of distraction. This means that the group must stay as silent as they possibly can, shuffling downstairs and hiding behind corners whenever they hear violent commotion from the brainless monsters.

Jungwon makes it down the second-floor staircase first. He silently turns to face everyone as he holds out a single hand, palm facing outwards, signaling them to stay put while he checks around the corner to the final staircase.