Killing strangers

So I watched John Wick for the millionth time the other night and the song Killing strangers by Marilyn Manson was in it and it's a killer song *pun intended* so I though 'hell.. why not fantasize about a story' and here we are
⚠️trigger warning⚠️ violence
________________________
Your relationship with Ezra was rough. You fought about small things, big things, just everything that bothered him or you and you guys fought over it.
Anger issues aren't an excuse though they were a factor. Both of you had trouble controlling anger and one night it got so bad you spit on him while walked away from you. He got so mad at that he pushed you against the wall and spat angrily, "What the fuck was that!?" You were so angry it didn't bother you but looking back it did scare you a little. He looked like he was ready to hit you.
Today was another one of those bad fights, though bad is an understatement.
"Why are you like this?!", he yelled so loud his voice was about to give out. "You push my buttons and you fucking boil my blood! You see my face?! I don't want to look at you like that!"
"Like what?! With hate?!", you yelled back.
"You push my buttons too! You pick fights, you nag about everything little thing that I do and when I start to defend myself you fucking explode!"
He looked at you, dark eyes with anger. He breathed so heavily he almost looked like a wild animal. You opened your mouth to say something else but before you could make a sound he said "Shut the fuck up. I'm going out. I'll be back in a few hours, just stop talking." And with that he turned to the front door of the house and left.
He said it so calmly it almost scared you.
"Fuck!" You screamed to let a last burst of anger out and you sat down on the couch.
~~
Later that evening you were in bed about to go to sleep when you heard Ezra come home. He came up the stairs as quietly as he could as he thought you might already be asleep. You hear him undress in nothing but his boxer and felt his side of the bed dip when he sat down. He let out a sight.
"Even though we fight a lot I do love you." He said soft and sweetly. Your not responding confirmed for him you were asleep even though you weren't and he continued to talk. "I don't just go out on walks after those fights. I go out and I-", he paused hesitating wether or not to keep talking. He still sat on the edge of the bed unmoving and you felt his hesitation but when you were about to turn around he continue talking.
"I kill people." Ezra said matter-of-factly. The words shocked you and echoed in your head. The words rang so loud it was like something exploded nearby and your eardrums ruptured. "But you know what? I'd rather be killing strangers so I don't kill the one that I love."
____________________
After this last part I wanted to continue the story but I kind of didn't know where I wanted it to go so what better place to end it at the lyrics of the song this was based on :))

Love yous
Christina