Call of the void

"'Call of the void', the feeling when you think for a second about walking or steering into oncoming traffic or jumping off a cliff for no reason although you would never do it." (In this story they actually did it but stopped last minute so trigger warning)
For those who don't know what it is :-)
Also disclaimer, the following story happened to me but don't freak out, no authors were harmed XD
___________________________________
"Ez? You home?" You yelled from the your front door as you entered your shared house. Although you two weren't dating you guys were pretty close.

"Yeah! In my room." You heard him shout back. It sounded muffled, probably because he had his door closed.

You walked in his room and he sat on his bed scrolling on his phone, probably through Twitter. "So something crazy happened." You started as you sat next to him. "Ooh tell me." He said teasing. You chuckled. "No not like that." "Oh then what happened."

"So I was cycling back home right and you know the part where I usually cross the street?" He nodded. "Well there were two cars coming from both sides and I don't know what happened or what I was thinking but I didn't stop until last minute. I almost got hit."

"Shit." Ezra said thinking. "Oh you know what might have happened?" He said. You looked at him curiously and shook your head. "It might have been the call of the void. You what that is?"

"Yeah but that's just a feeling right? Like you feel like doing it but you don't because... you know?" You said. "Well yeah but that doesn't exclude the possibility, right."

"No but it's most likely not that." "What was it then?" "I don't know. I guess my brain just went on autopilot and didn't pay attention."

He laughed. "Hey I'm serious! Don't let your brain go on autopilot." You laughed as well.

"It was weird tho." You said thinking about what happened. He hummed in agreement

You never had suicidal thoughts or anything for that matter so you just didn't understand what or why you did that.

"Hey Ez? You think something is wrong with me?" "No of course not. Everyone has these things at least a couple of times in there life." He said wrapping an arm around you.

"I know what might make you feel better." He said nudging you a bit. "What?" "How about we get some food?"

"Yes!" You said happily and jumped up from his bed. He laughed.

"What do you want?" He asked. "Well I was thinking maybe Subway?" "Alright." He said grabbing his car keys.
_______________________
Lol I said this one would be longer. I was planning on writing it longer but there wasn't much to the story so I guess this will do. I also wasn't even planning on writing this I wanted to write something else. The title was 'dirty high' so I think you can guess what it was but half way through I was like 'nah I hate this' so I deleted it.