Darkness

I ran on away from South Gate Park to avoid someone from my past and Carla was concerned. I recalled the time in my past I ran into this guy. It all had to do with my curse. He was the one who had put the curse on me and did not seem to care about who i would ended up hurting in the process. He wanted me to suffer like his brother. I did not cause his death, but the guy has it in his head that I did. Things happened and his brother was lost to him. I could not save him from the darkness like my magic is supposed to do. he was too far gone.

This male's name is Ripper. He is wanted by the magic council for several crimes. The most treacherous one is death. Just when I think I can be happy, he shows up to ruin it. This is not happening this time. I am done running from this. I am home and have someone to protect. It is not the guild's problem. This is my problem. 

I finally processed my name was being called and looked at Carla. I heard the strikes get closer and he held no regard for the citizens of Magnolia. I let go of Carla and jumped on to the roof of a house. I jumped from one to another and went roof hopping. I had to get him away from the citizens. I saw a little girl get crushed by crates and my eyes grew wide.

 I teleport the girl into my arms and carried her, as I jumped and bit my lip. "You will be ok. What is your name?" I smiled at her.

"Shera." she whined slightly scared and from the pain. I pat her head to assure her things would be ok.

I slowly started to heal to where her bones and scrapes. This weakened anyone. Healing magic consumed quite a bit of energy. People always thought it was not a big deal. I felt myself get struck and threw the girl in the air. I yelled out from the stinging pain of being struck. Despite all of this, I continued forward. I used my magic to heal my burns and few scrapes I had.

"Fairy Tail. You will be safe there." I smiled and teleport Shera in front of the Guild and got to the forest. 

Ripper appeared in front of me and struck me with a kick. I pulled my arms up in front of my face and took the hit. I grunted, digging my feet into the ground, as I felt myself get pushed back from the force of the hit. I looked at him and huffed. "Your brother is in a better place!"

He growled and threw a blast of phantoms at me, I held my hand out and shot them with my light. "You were supposed to heal him!" I coughed and felt like it was hard to move my feet. "The poison finally set in."

I put my hands out and pushed myself to fight him. I felt myself get low on magic, I was healing myself as I fought him. This was nothing like I was used to. I never had to heal myself before at the same time. My body must still be getting used to the guardian magic that master had unsealed. I had to get a handle on the magic and train more. This much was obvious. 

I fell to my knees and started breathing heavily. "Let it go. I could not save him. He had no fight left in him. He gave in to the darkness." 

I already felt horrible that I could not save him like I hoped I could. Once you give in to the darkness, you are gone. There is no saving you anymore. You become a mindless Demon. This is the fate of the world. This is why the guardians existed. I am the last one there is alive. There are demons that are made by Zeref, and then there are actual demons that are made by darkness of the soul. People think his demons are strong. They have no idea of what a true one is.

I healed my wounds some more and looked at him. "Ripper, you are darkening your soul."

I yelped in pain as he kicked me in the gut, knocking me into a tree. I could not keep this up much longer. I felt myself groan and Ripper smirked at me. "What would you do if someone you loved was going to the darkness?"

I saw feet and looked up to the person. "No." I saw him. His messy black hair and green eyes stared at me with dark smile. "Isaac. No!"

I felt myself start to tremble as he smacked me across the face. "You left me to the darkness." 

My eyes brimmed with tears and I shook my head in a hurry. "Lies! I left to keep you safe from!"

"That is funny. You left!" He looked at me and I could feel he was slowly sinking into the dark.

I shook my head and held my hand out to him. "Isaac give me your hand. Let me help you. Please?"

Isaac stopped for a moment and he was hesitant. I knew he was fighting it and was a fighter. Ripper looked at him and glared. "She left you after all this.  After a year, she never came back for you."

He pulled back from me and stepped backwards. With every step back, my heart sank deeper in my chest. I knew this was not him, he was fighting harder than anyone right now. What we had was not something that could easily be broke. He was one of my best friends and I was his.

I stood up and heard someone call my name, but ignored it "Kaeli!"

I held my arm out to Isaac and held my breath. "Isaac look at me. I am here. Come back to me." the tears fell down my face and took a step closer to him. I took hold of his hand and shot him with light. "Radiance!"

I focused my last energy to getting out to him. I knew he was in there still and had to get to him. I screamed as I poured my energy into the spell. light poured into his arm and he screamed in pain. I was not going to let him turn into a demon. I refused to accept it. A shadow covered over the light and pushed out from his hand.  "Time to come with us."

I was shot back with the dark beam he sent and coughed as I closed my eyes. I flinched to wait for impact, but arms wrapped around me and we spun around on the ground, as I was skid across the ground. I opened my eyes and looked up at Natsu. He let me go and stood up in front of me. "You messed with my friend. That was a big mistake." 

I looked at Natsu and had no energy to stand. He picked me up and I  looked at him confused. "Natsu?"

He punched me in the gut and I felt my eyes grow heavy, as I fell into darkness. Everything was shut off and I heard nothing.