Who I am.

I slowly stood up and looked at my siblings. I closed my eyes and took a breath, releasing it. I realized this was not my fault, but rather just events that had shaped me into who I am. Who I have become. The person I am now and the person I was is different.

I walked in front of them and gave a warm smile. "I'm going to put you guys to rest and you can live on in peace."

I opened my eyes and went to my knees. I placed my hands on the ground, taking in the love of everyone in the guild and the love I have for them. I let that love flow into my very being. Summoning light from inside me, I focused it on my hands and released all the love I had to give into the spell I was casting.

The power that was coming from my spell created a wind current to me that made my hair blow different directions and my clothes blew back to behind me. I looked at the three of them. "We may have had a rough past, and you made mistakes. Things could have been different. Then maybe we could have been a true family. However, I would not change things because I found my way here to my family. If I changed things, then I would not have Fairy Tail."

I blinked and let the spell forth. A spell that I never cast before, a spell I created for this exact moment if they deserved it. However, every soul deserves peace. Every soul deserves a second chance. Every being needed a place in life and the chance to thrive. I will give them it. I will purify their souls, and have them reborn with no memory of their past. "Purity."

"I wish you guys a good life when you are reborn." I watched as they slowly started to fade and They turned to bright golden specks that disappeared, no longer being here.

I stood up and fixed my hair, repositioning my clothes and turned, looking at everyone. "Thank you everyone for not giving up on me. I am sorry for it all."

Makarov looked at me. "All the pain you go through, is our pain. The things you feel, others in this guild will feel to an extent. Hold your head high girl. You are a member of Fairy Tail."

I looked at him and hugged him tightly. I started crying and could not stop. The tears just kept coming down. I had a home and it was here. It always has been since I joined. Since I set foot here in this guild. I was home.

×××

I boarded the train with a duffel bag and found a seat. I was taking my life in my own hands. It was time for me to stop closing myself off from others. From my family. I did leave a note saying I was going on a journey on my own for some time. It was what I needed.

I could not face everyone on my own. I could not tell them goodbye in person. I knew Lucy, Laxus, Grey and Erza would support my decision. I knew they would want me to be happy. Sure they would be sad to see me leave, but they knew I'd send word about my travels and how I was.

Natsu. However, he would throw a fit and try to chase after me. He would not understand that I was ready to be on my own. I had just returned and he would miss me. This I know. He never liked change and would want to go with me. I was breaking my promise to him. One I made when we were younger. I doubt he even remembers. He has a bad memory.

×××

I laughed as I looked at Natsu on the ground, exhausted and trying to catch his breath. He picked another fight with me yet again, but lost like he always does. I did not even break a sweat, while he was scraped up a bit and had a few tears in his clothes.

I bent down to him and held my hand out. "Come on Natsu."

I felt a source of darkness and dropped Natsu by mistake as I was helping him up. "Ow!" I stared off in the direction it came from and knew I had to go. It was someone who was slowly turning into a demon. I looked at Natsu and smiled slightly. "Sorry. I got distracted."