Demonic Flames

I stood in the middle of the village and looked at the ground. I put the Lacrima in my pocket dimension and took a deep breath. "Guys, this is not going to be easy."

I heard someone appear behind me out of no where and looked. It was the village elder, and he had red eyes. No. This was not the elder. This was a shapeshifter. Natsu pushed me out of the way and let out a roar. "Fire Dragon Roar!" 

The demon then changed immediately and was a shadow figure. Nothing, but poison particles and shadows. I held my hand out and shot nothing but light at it. I dispersed into ethernano and I absorbed it. "He is here."

"Guys support from the outside and someone stay inside the barrier to protect the villagers." I commanded.

I felt a pinch and jumped up to my feet. I teleport myself to the outside of the barrier. He was there with his cloak and uncovered his face. He had a pale blue jacket on that was belted on the waist and trousers with black combat boots. His hair was pure white and eyes were a dark brown. "The legendary Luminous Guardian."

I shake my head and look at him. "She is long gone. I am the one who is going to put you down."

I held my hands up, as I separated my feet, getting into a fighting stance. He laughed at me and crossed his arms. His mouth curved upwards, as he smiled at me. "Do you remember me? I remember you."

I shook my head at him, and look a closer look at his face. "Not possible. You died."

He laughed and nodded. "I was. However, you got through to me and I was saved. Your magic was healing me. When I woke up, I was alone in the woods. I escaped the fire and my brother was gone."

"Why are you doing this to people? Go find your brother, and show him you are alive. He is going on a dark path." I yelled at him and heard Natsu calling my name, as he was running up behind me. 

"I thought about that and you see? I Found he was hunting you and going to his own path, avenging my 'death'. Then I though about it." He laughed and bend down to my height. "If I can survive being a demon and manage to gain abilities of one, why should I not find out more about them? So I made more."

"Listen to me, Dire! You are going to die!" I yelled in desperation to get him to listen to me.

He shook his head and laughed at me. He jumped up and kicked at me, but i blocked it by making a 'x' with my arms, in front of my face. I dug my feet into the ground with my heels and kept my balance. I growled and sleeves on my shirt was now a burned hole by the attack. His body was overheating and he was going to die if this kept up.

"Blast of inversion!" This spell caused temperature to be brought down as well as make it cause pain.  I held my hands together as it blast him with a giant sphere. 

He felt his arms and smirked. "Thanks, I feel cooler now. My turn."

"Ring of pain!" He held his hand out and a giant black ring surrounded me, getting tighter by the second. 

I let out a cry in pain from the attack and Natsu ran to me. "Kaeli!" He lit his hand on fire and punched Dire in the face. "Fire dragon iron fist!" 

Dire was sent back into a tree that broke on impact and the ring disappeared. I took a few breaths and smiled at Natsu. I lit my hand up and white flames outlined with gold was shown. "Eat this. You will have the ability to help heal and purify demons."

Natsu grabbed my wrist and ate up the flames for a minute and I lit him up with them. "Let's do this!" he shouted.

I nodded and looked at Dire. "I am going to stop you, and put an end to these experiments. I will reverse everything you have done to these people!"

Dire went dark in the face and he stood up, dusting dirt off of himself. "Go ahead and try. You failed the last time you were alone." He blast black flames from his hands.  

I braced myself for impact and Natsu jumped in front, eating the flames, but coughed when it hit his throat. "Natsu, those are demonic flames, they will kill you!" 

I grabbed Natsu's arm and purified his body of the demon particles that came from the flames. "I will die before I let a friend get hurt." He yelled this to me and I looked at him surprised.

I glared at him and hit him on the head. "I will die, saving you!"

He held his head which now had a large bump on it. "What was that for?" he yelled at me.

"For being a idiot!" I smirked at him and crossed my arms. "Are you that stupid? Do you not have any brain cells left?" I asked.

He growled at me and argued with me. "You are the idiot. I will stay and keep you safe."

"I never asked you to keep me safe!" I yelled at him this time.

"Too bad. Shut up and let me help you!" he shouted in my face and I went silent, glaring at him.

"Enough of this lover's quarrel." Dire got irritated and jumped up into the tree, on a branch, sending a giant wave of flames to us both.

I held my hands out in front of me and growled pushing Natsu back from the blast. "This is not up for debate Natsu. You are the only one who can protect those people now. You have the divine power of guardians inside you permanently now! Go!"

Natsu clenched his fists and growled at me. "You have to promise me that you will return to us."

I smiled at him and nodded. "I will. now go and save the rest of the team! They need you more than I do." I demanded and teleport him to the village. 

I smiled at Dire and ran up to the tree, grabbing him by the ankle. I hit him with light magic in the ankle, sending sharp pains up his leg and watched as he fell. "You wench!" Dire yelled to me.

"Dire. The more you use this power, the closer you are to dying!" I growled at him and watched as he stood up and blast me with more demonic flames, but his blast had shadows surrounded by it. 

I screamed out in the pain it gave me, but felt my power draining slowly. I had not fully recovered my magic energy from earlier in the day. It was now night and the moon showed itself from behind the clouds in the sky.  It is time to end this.