Family

That same memory kept on playing repeat. Natsu walked closer. With each step he took, he knew he was going to get to her. He knew she was there. Stuck in this memory. Stuck at what she did. She was punishing herself over and over again. Making herself remember this, so she would not forget the pain she caused. The mistake she made.

Natsu could not help but wonder. Was this where she always went when she was in a coma? Is this the memory she always kept tucked close, to punish herself for what she did? Did she not think she deserved to be here?

Natsu knew this was different though. He knew that she was stuck this time. She most likely had this memory every time once and then woke up. However, this time, she had not.

Natsu stopped in front of Luminous and looked down at her. He could not interfere with anything. Could not touch her. If he spoke to her, odds of her hearing him were slim. All he could do was watch her.

The reappearance of her old life had shown up. Had appeared and brought everything back to the surface. She did not want to let this go. She wanted to be punished for what she had done. This was her way of punishing herself. She felt it was her fault for everything. For the lives she had taken. The souls she had not been able to purify. She did not feel she deserved what she had.

Natsu stood there and went on one knee, with and arm propped up on one. He looked at her and thought some more. He just had to speak. Speak until she heard his voice. He held out a hand and held it in the air mere inches away.

"This is what you have been doing. You been punishing yourself. Fighting this battle all on your own." He sighed. "This was not your fault. You had no way to know it would do this to them. Come on. Get up."

and used his magic to create a warm flame. A flame that was shaped as Fairy Tail's emblem. He held it there and put all his feelings into it. The love of the guild, the love of the entire family she had now. He manifested it into the flame and hoped it would make her wake up and see him. To see she was not alone any long. She had friends now. She had a family. She had Fairy Tail.

×××

I sat there in this memory over and over again. Let everything keep happening. I deserved this pain. Deserved this sorrow. I had done this to them. I just kept myself distracted with my duty.

What was I thinking? Thinking I could be happy at all. I did not deserve that. I deserve this suffering. Why did I think I could live and they could not? No. They were not alive. It was the rage that had them going. They had no love. No caring feelings for me.

I kept telling myself that it was for the good of humanity. Good of Earth land. Was it me just being selfish and wanting to be happy? Sure I had people I cared for, but they were better without me. Everyone in the guild was. I even created havoc. I wounded every one of them. They would never forgive me. I deserve this. Deserve this pain.

I'm sorry everyone. I do not deserve any happiness for what I have done to you all. Natsu would probably fight to keep me. Fight to bring me back. I do not want to go back. I deserve this. I had to have this.

I felt a familiar warmth nearby. It was faint, but it was there. It was a warmth I felt before. The warmth I had when I was with everyone. Warm and fuzzy. The feeling I had when I watched Natsu and his crazy ideas. Grey with his stripping and being chased. Laxus and his being clung to by Freed. Lucy being thrown by Aquarius. Erza eating her strawberry cake. Wendy using her healing magic. Happy eating his fish. Carla scolding Wendy for using too much magic. Panther lily and Gajeel fighting each other. Mira tending to customers at the bar. Levy being cheered on by Jet and Droy for every little task she does. Cana drinking her normal barrel of alcohol.

I felt the warmth of Fairy Tail. The love they have for each other. The caring nature they have for everyone. What they feel for another. Everything they fight to protect. Each one of the members fight to protect another and keep each other safe. Would never sell another out for themselves. It was there. The more I thought about them the closer it got.

I saw a light and a familiar flames. The flames of someone close to me. The flames of a certain dragon slayer I always fought with. I looked up and saw the Fairy Tail emblem in flames of a hand reaching out to me. Right in front of me, he was there. Natsu.

The one who is too stubborn to give up on a friend. The one that fights and risks his very life to keep a friend safe. He is right in front of me. He is here for me. He is here to take me back.

"What are you doing? You are a member of Fairy Tail. The history you have, is just that. History. You are one of us now. What are you doing making everyone worry like this? Come one. It's time to come home." He stated and I waited for my hand.

I reached up and took his hand and helped me up to my feet. Everything around us faded and I stood there, with tears still in my eyes. They halted from coming out of them, and falling down my cheeks. I looked at his big goofy grin and could not help, but smile back.

I hugged him and he held me back. At that moment a bright light came from us and we both disappeared.

I groaned and opened my eyes. The darkness in my veins started disappearing and I felt nothing but pain all over me. My muscles ache from the fighting, and the dark magic. I slowly sat up and looked over to see Natsu was sitting up next to me. He had the goofy grin of his on his face and laughed. "Welcome back!"

I looked around at everyone and started crying. I could not hold it back. I just let them fall. I had a family. All this time, they were right here and never faltered. They were here to stay. "My family."