Remaing Whole

Natsu appeared to see Kaeli as a child. No not Kaeli. Luminous. He looked at her and saw the grave of her mother. She was young and he could feel the pain she went through. He lost his father. Not his biological one, but his adopted one. Igneel. The Dragon.

Suddenly, everything went white and he faded into another memory. He watched as he saw her going down a hall and past pillars to her brother. The male was clearly not kind at all. His eyes showed that he was not interested in anything she did.

Her brother tore the robe she made by herself in pieces, then threw it on the ground at her feet. He clenched his fists and they lit up on fire. He calmed himself remembering he could not interfere. He was tasked with bringing her back, and was going to do just that. He had to bring her back whole, not shattered

×××

Luminous was now fifteen and anyone could tell she was sprouting.  Her chest had grown and she was taller. Her hair was now a little past her shoulder. Instead of it being straight, it was curled and had small braids pulled behind her head and tied up.

She was walking down the hall and stopped when she heard her name in conversation with her sister, Aoife and her brother Brier. They were conversating about her training and how she has gotten stronger. She would not believe what she was about to hear though. The thing they had been doing to her for years since their mother's passing. The thing they were doing to keep her from putting them out of power.

Aoife started laughing and covered her mouth in a gesture to try and keep herself quiet down. "She has no idea that we been slowly poisoning her. Once she is dead, then she will not be able to stop us and save humans."

Brier looked at Aoife and his voice grew stern. "Quiet before she comes running to see what you are laughing about. If we give her just one more. A stronger dose, she should be done for."

Luminous couldn't believe it. Well, she could, but did not want to. She wanted to believe her siblings had some love for her in their hearts, but she had to face the truth. It was never going to happen. They were not capable of showing love for her because she was not showing the same interest as they were. She wanted to save humans. They wanted to kill them. She wanted demons gone. They wanted demons to rule Earth land. Their goals were completely different. She valued life. Her siblings did not.

She now understood the reason she was always feeling so weak after every demon she got rid of, and every person she saved. She understood why it almost killed her and kept getting worse. They were giving her medicine infused with darkness. The very thing that poisons her. Kaeli could not stop the tears flowing from her eyes as she made herself disappear in a flash of light.

She sat in her room on her hay bed and heard a knock on the door. She turned to the door and saw her sister enter the room. She had a small cup with grey powder in it and held her hand out, giving it to her. Kaeli faked a smile and took the powder putting it in her mouth but not swallowing it, as she waved her sister off. Her sister never exchanged any words with her ever. On rare occasions did she ever do so. Those were on her birthdays and holidays.

She waited until she heard the door close and spit the powder out of her mouth. She was done taking medicine they gave and had a plan to make herself appear dead. She used her magic to make her appearance pale and lifeless. She was the goddess of light and life. She had the ability to do so.

There she lay in bed waiting for them to appear a few hours later and dispose of her body in the woods. There animals would feed on her and she would be gone. So they thought anyway. She had her plan to get up and train. Train until she was stronger than all of them.