The Girl with Scarlet Wrists Chapter 5

This chapter Layla reveals the darkest secrets of her past, that she's been hiding for so long.... (Cue ominous music) Enjoy!

Chapter 5:
I realized that I never even asked the name of the girl who taught me how to cut. Why would she just show me so openly like that?

Then again she sounded kind of high, so maybe she was on some, you know…. Stuff. I rolled out of bed, not noticing I was already on the edge until I plopped on the floor.

Thank God they were carpeted, I looked underneath the dustless bed. The flash back came;

What was happening?  “  Справки! мама папа!”  (help mom , dad) I shouted in my Russian tounge. It was so hot. There was fire all around my room, the walls melting, flaming wood post falling apon me. I screamed. “ мама папа!”  (Mom,dad!) I shouted again. Were they dead? Was I going to die? I looked past the flames and smoke, coughing and and covering my mouth as I crawled out from beside my bed. I ran towards my window, looked down once and jumped. I ran away from the house coughing as hard as I could. When I looked back the house exploded. “ мама папа Где ты”
!” (Mom, dad! Where are you?) I screamed hugging my teddy bear to me. I sat on the lawn screaming, until rescuers took me to the hospital.

I came out of the flash back realizing I was screaming bloody murder, when Marissa and Rick were frantically trying to calm me down, Marissa had tears in her eyes as she hugged me towards her.

Normally I would have probably recoiled away from the affection but I let her comfort me since I was screaming because I had no mother.

“What happened sweetie?” Marissa rocked me back and forth as I tried to stop  crying.

“Im s-s-s o-o-rryyyy. I had-d a fl-las-sh-b-back.”

 I stuttered my way through the sentence. “Oh honey I’m so sorry, do you still want to go to school today? I can call you out sick or something?” Marissa offered.

“No no, I have to talk to uh, my friend Kara. Big AP french project.” I lied. 

“Okay honey, but just make the call and I’ll be there.” She released me brushing the hair out of my face.

“Thanks.” I got up and headed over towards the shower.

As I undressed I caught a glimpse of my self in the mirror, and of course I had to look. I looked like hell.

Oh my god. I was so thin. You could… - choked a bit. You could see my ribs, I could count them. I shuttered.

My hair was a mess, my body was covered in bruises, I had very deep purple rings under my eyes. I looked like I had just came out of a hurricane.

My eyes flickered towards the cupboard that held the razors. I can’t I promised Chase.

Wait a minute….. I didn’t promise him shit, and since when do I live under his rules.

Hop off that.

I grabbed the razor and waited for the chilling tingle across my scalp. I slid the razor over the skin of my wrist and watched the blood bead up then cleaning the razor off and placing it back where it belonged.

I jumped in the shower and scrubbed my self raw.

**********************
Marissa dropped me off at school. She waved goodbye then pulled out of the parking lot and down the road. “Aww, someone’s mommy dropped them off?” the one of the jocks called. I was in no mood today, I saw Sammy and Kara rush over.