The Girl with Scarlet Wrists Chapter 19

Chapter 19:

Layla's POV:

I loaded the last of my things into the trunk. This is what I spend my birthday doing, moving. To Russia.

I looked up at Sammy, and Kara.

Kara looked away at the sky willing not to cry and of course we all knew what Sammy was doing.

Sammy engulfed me in a bear hug, I put her head on my shoulder and let her tears soak through my shirt.

I cooed to her while rubbing her back. Kara came not soon after, hugging me from the other side.

When we parted, I saw little blond blue eyed Julia staring up at me in her little sundress, clutching on to her teddy bear.

"Come here baby." I opened my arms for her, while squatting down to her height.

She ran into my arms.

"I'm gonna miss you Layla!" she sobbed.

Ah damn she was gonna make me stay, if she kept bawling like she was.

"Shhh sweetie."

I hugged Marissa and Rick tightly before loading into the car.

I rolled down the limo window "Don't worry after training I'll fly you all over!" I shouted.

"Uh Layla that will cost a fortune." Kara laughed.

"Uh are you forgetting i'm like filthy rich now? Hello!"  I laughed and waved good bye to them.

I took one last glimpse of the home I knew before rolling up the limo window.

"Take me away Elizabeth." I called to the front seat, as the limo pulled away.

***********************************

Chase's Pov:

I got a letter today.

From Amanda?

This ought to be good.

I opened it and took a deep breath.

Dear Chase,

Well this is awkward. Uhhh. Well I'll just get to it.

I slipped something in your drink that night when we were alone. A roofie. You remember those don't you? From the good old days... I know I probably ruined like.... your life, but i'm so sorry. I'm completely sorry for being totally in love with you. But don't worry i'm far away now. Not dead. Just far away from Bakersfield. I know you'll never forgive me, but good luck with Layla. I hope she understands... well not really. Whatever bye.

~Amanda

I stood there with my mouth on the floor. That bitch. I grabbed my jacket and ran out of the house, clutching the letter with dear life.

I ran up to her house, breathless but she was gone. Forever.

Now I really lost her.

**********************************

Thanks for reading VOTE COMMENT FOR WATTY AWARDS 2011

!!!!!!!

PWEASEE!!!!!!!!!! <3

Love yah!

~Jaynet_Stewart